Allure vs. Brilliance

Brilliance on the aft

I'd take the extra $500 and apply it to the 4 day cruise after the 5 day cruise and make it 9 total days B2B.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

This sounds like a "Brilliant" idea! I'm with you. Btw,... did ya see what I did there, haha!

The Radiance Class ships are my favorite ships so I would pick the Brilliance if the two cruises were the same length. However, when the choice is between 5 nights and 7 nights, that changes everything. A seven night cruise on any Royal Caribbean ship beats a five night cruise on my favorite ship!

Totally agree!

Depends on time of year. 90-105 days out puts you at the end of September-mid October. If the seas are rough (much more likely in the Gulf at the peak of hurricane season), then the aft cabins on Brilliance can get quite rocky. If you choose Brilliance, I'd try for something more mid-ship. If what you were looking at was one of the cabins that are actually on the tail of the ship, the movement is even more pronounced. An eastern itinerary on Allure gives yo a lot more wiggle room to avoid any storms/rough seas.

Depends on time of year. 90-105 days out puts you at the end of September-mid October. If the seas are rough (much more likely in the Gulf at the peak of hurricane season), then the aft cabins on Brilliance can get quite rocky. If you choose Brilliance, I'd try for something more mid-ship. If what you were looking at was one of the cabins that are actually on the tail of the ship, the movement is even more pronounced. An eastern itinerary on Allure gives yo a lot more wiggle room to avoid any storms/rough seas.

I didn't even think about the sea condition in regards to the cabin. Another thing to add to the "considerations" list. Thank you.

Thanks for helping clarify our thoughts, y'all. :D

We were able to look at a different week and it was only $300 more for the Allure than the Brilliance. And in our minds the extra two days are each worth $100 more, and so are all the extras aboard the Oasis Class.

Now to start on the shore excursions in Roatan and Costa Maya. :cool: