Azura Baltic cruise

hollyjess

Did P&O offer an excursion called 'St Petersburg Explorer' for your cruise and, if so could you please tell me what the cost was? That tour is listed as a 7.75 hour excursion, which allows for quite a lot of free time at three locations in the city. I have asked this and a couple of other things on a new thread, but I thought asking here I may have more chance of it being seen by P&O passengers.

We have spent time in a hotel in SPB so are thinking we could well be best getting a visa each as we have gathered all the info needed for the form early this year for the visas for our May river cruise and hotel stays, so it would be pretty easy for us to apply again.

Just had a look in our Holiday Info Book - St Petersburg Explorer was £42

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Just had a look in our Holiday Info Book - St Petersburg Explorer was £42

I was on the St Petersburg Explorer trip and it was about £42.

I have been to St Petersburg a few times so know my way around (its easy and difficult to get lost).

The St Petersburg explorer trip was ideal for me as I like just wandering around and doing my own thing. However the the bus itself does not go very far in terms of exploring.

The bus parks at one location and you are given a map. You are told come back in two hours. Once back on the bus it literally drives around the corner and you are told come back in three hours. Don't get me wrong this suits me however it may feel like a bit of a con if you are expecting to be taken round the city.

In short if you are fit and able to walk around and enjoy exploring on your own then this trip is great. You are dropped off in middle of city and left to get on with it.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/25/2018 at 10:52 AM, murphyjl said:

I was on the St Petersburg Explorer trip and it was about £42.

I have been to St Petersburg a few times so know my way around (its easy and difficult to get lost).

The St Petersburg explorer trip was ideal for me as I like just wandering around and doing my own thing. However the the bus itself does not go very far in terms of exploring.

The bus parks at one location and you are given a map. You are told come back in two hours. Once back on the bus it literally drives around the corner and you are told come back in three hours. Don't get me wrong this suits me however it may feel like a bit of a con if you are expecting to be taken round the city.

In short if you are fit and able to walk around and enjoy exploring on your own then this trip is great. You are dropped off in middle of city and left to get on with it.

Excellent! That sounds just what we are wanting to do this time round visiting St Petersburg.
Can you remember if this tour is available on both the first and second day of the ship's stay in St P?

16 hours ago, Scriv said:

Excellent! That sounds just what we are wanting to do this time round visiting St Petersburg.
Can you remember if this tour is available on both the first and second day of the ship's stay in St P?

hi. The tour was available both days.

• Like 1