Signature Class Spa Cabins

ShipsInBergen

So...it's decision time on which cabin category to book for my first HAL cruise (Nieuw Amsterdam, 7 nt western caribbean).

A couple of 'stupid' questions regarding 'Spa' cabins (namely interior Cat. IQ) that I can't actually find the answers to elsewhere:

- Do they include unlimited access to the full thermal suite for the duration of the cruise?

- I've seen mentions of these 'including water'; am I right to assume this is unlimited bottled water in the cabin fridge?

- I've also seen mentions of a 'water feature', which sounds hideous...can anyone enlighten me as to the details?

I'm cruising solo, so the tiny cabin size doesn't really bother me. The IQ interiors on Deck 11 seem like a nice location for the spa and pool decks, I'm just trying to weigh up any beneifts to see if I can 'slum it' in an inside instead of booking a standard OV (which would run to $200 extra, plus I'd be likely to buy a thermal suite pass on top of that).

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide :D

Unfortunately, the spa cabins offer very little for the extra cost, except location, which is close to the spa. You do not receive free access to the thermal suites. You will have a couple of bottles of vitamin water in your cabin, but I don't now if that is replenished for you. You will have different decor than other cabins and there is a little fountain type thing that recirculates water. Our friends stayed in a Spa cabin, which they received as a free upgrade, and they said they would never pay extra for it. If you like the location of these cabins, then certainly you should book it, just don't book it for the "perks".

Unfortunately, the spa cabins offer very little for the extra cost, except location, which is close to the spa. You do not receive free access to the thermal suites. You will have a couple of bottles of vitamin water in your cabin, but I don't now if that is replenished for you. You will have different decor than other cabins and there is a little fountain type thing that recirculates water. Our friends stayed in a Spa cabin, which they received as a free upgrade, and they said they would never pay extra for it. If you like the location of these cabins, then certainly you should book it, just don't book it for the "perks".

Thanks for your super-fast response!

It would have been the thermal suite access that might have swung it for me (a tacky water feature and a couple of bottles of vitamin drink; no thanks, HAL), so I guess I'll stick with plan A and opt for one of the standard OVs down on Deck 1 :)

Thanks for your super-fast response!

It would have been the thermal suite access that might have swung it for me (a tacky water feature and a couple of bottles of vitamin drink; no thanks, HAL), so I guess I'll stick with plan A and opt for one of the standard OVs down on Deck 1 :)

I really believe that something spa related (access to Thermal Suites, etc) should come with the spa cabins. Otherwise, I don't see any point in booking them, unless you love the location. Regardless, you will love this ship! Have a wonderful cruise!

I really believe that something spa related (access to Thermal Suites, etc) should come with the spa cabins. Otherwise, I don't see any point in booking them, unless you love the location. Regardless, you will love this ship! Have a wonderful cruise!

Thank you :D

I totally agree about the spa access. I'm glad I asked the question on here, as I would probably have taken it as given otherwise.

In the end I went for the mystery 'Option C' which is a standard interior cabin that had a decently low solo supplement...so there's plenty of extra in the budget now to enjoy as on board spend. I really can't wait to try HAL!

Thank you :D

I totally agree about the spa access. I'm glad I asked the question on here, as I would probably have taken it as given otherwise.

In the end I went for the mystery 'Option C' which is a standard interior cabin that had a decently low solo supplement...so there's plenty of extra in the budget now to enjoy as on board spend. I really can't wait to try HAL!

Good choice! I know you'll love NA! Have you thought about booking a Retreat Cabana? These are private cabanas on the top deck with privacy curtains, 2 lounge chairs and a small dining table with chairs for lunch, etc. The attendants are fabulous and treat you like royalty! If you choose an interior cabin, it's a lovely way to enjoy your own private space at a fraction of the cost of a balcony cabin.

Good choice! I know you'll love NA! Have you thought about booking a Retreat Cabana? These are private cabanas on the top deck with privacy curtains, 2 lounge chairs and a small dining table with chairs for lunch, etc. The attendants are fabulous and treat you like royalty! If you choose an interior cabin, it's a lovely way to enjoy your own private space at a fraction of the cost of a balcony cabin.

I think since I'm travelling solo a cabana might feel excessive! I'll most likely just find a quiet spot with my book on one of the top sun decks, and use the money for a thermal suite pass, some speciality dining, and a good glass of wine or three :D