Golden Princess Balcony Mini Suite-Help!!

schasny

My husband and I are booked on the Golden Princess for the Southern Caribbean cruise on May 30th. We chose a Category AB Balcony Mini Suite on the Dolphin deck, and were told this included a "private" balcony. We have since seen several postings on the internet and message boards that say these cabins aren't private at all-they are actually totally exposed to the decks above. We called our Travel Agent and Princess, and were told by both that the deck was partially covered. Has anyone stayed on the Golden Princess Dolphin deck, and can give us a definite answer? We are getting the run around here and would just like to know what to expect. Thanks!!-

• 2 weeks later...

We have a mini-suite on the Golden in June, and from what I get from the Princess board, the balconies on the Dolphin deck are not covered. The balconies on Caribe deck, which are not mini-suites, are partially covered.

Cher

Hi fellow cruiser,

We were on the Golden Princess in January of 2003 in an AA mini-suite. Our friends had an OV with balcony on the Baja deck, I believe. Anyway, our room was lovely with a large veranda, but not totally private. Although our deck was much larger, there were NO INTIMATE moments that our friends enjoyed, on their totally covered private deck off of their smaller room that did not have a bathtub.... You decide. Hope this helps.

When agents tell you that you are booking a "private" balcony they mean no one else shares that balcony with you all week. The people on each side will be able to peek around the divider on the balcony.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Archived