June 2019 - Carnival vs. Royal

Just got back from a Carnival Cruise - thinking about Royal C. next time. A few questions. Do they play games around the pool with the cruise director? Granddaughter had a lot of fun this year on Carnival Can anyone tell we the differences between the two. She loved the dancing, etc. She is not crazy about the shows.

Just got back from a Carnival Cruise - thinking about Royal C. next time. A few questions. Do they play games around the pool with the cruise director? Granddaughter had a lot of fun this year on Carnival Can anyone tell we the differences between the two. She loved the dancing, etc. She is not crazy about the shows.

Speaking in broad, general terms, younger people are going to enjoy Carnival and older people will enjoy Royal. That's being very general. I say that because I find Royal to be a tad more traditional with slightly better service and a somewhat more subdued vibe. I'm sure you'll see some games around the pool, but not the overly loud, very boisterous Carnival version. There'll be plenty of dancing in the clubs on Royal and Carnival. The shows....meh on both for me.