Bacalar Fort & 7 colors Lagoon

gottagoacruzn

Hey guys, will be goin on the Enchantment Ots next May, was lookin at the Bacalar Fort & 7 colors Lagoon tour. Has anybody taken this tour before & is it worth it?

Virginia

I have not done that specific tour (sounds like a ship excursion), but I have been to the 7 Colors Lagoon on an excursion with Native Choice Tours. We did the Chacchoben Extreme Tour, which included a tour of the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins, then lunch and a couple of hours at a resort at the Lagoon. We enjoyed the tour and would do it again.

Native Choice is highly rated and offers a variety of tours, including one that just goes to the lagoon. They are very professional and ensure you make it back to the port in plenty of time before your ship leaves.

Here is a link to their website:

https://www.thenativechoice.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I went on this excursion while sailing on Celebrity Equinox last month. I loved this trip with the only downside was the amount of time spent on the bus to/from Bacalar. The description in the shore excursion guide said the bus ride was an hour but it was actually 90 minutes. There is not a lot of scenery to see, so I would suggest bringing a book or something to help pass the time. I slept on the way back. The bus was very nice and the tour guides were friendly and helpful.

We spent about 20 minutes at the fort, which also included a restroom stop. You then head to the resort where the pontoon boats are waiting and where you have lunch after the lagoon experience. We stopped at three different swimming locations. The first one you cannot touch the bottom of the lagoon, but the other two you can. It was challenging to get back into the pontoon boat at that first stop. There were people on the excursion that were not happy with the condition the pontoon boats were in and were not happy with swimming off the boats. That did not bother me. Once we finished the lagoon portion of the excursion, we had an excellent buffet lunch. The entrees included chicken fajitas and fried grouper. The guacamole was delicious. You can purchase beverages.

The excursion is expensive, but I felt it was worth the cost. We had OBC to spend, and used it to pay for the trip to Bacalar. I felt it was one of the best options for an excursion in Costa Maya.