Little kids and things to do?

moesyk4

My DH and I have only been to St. Maarten once about 10 years ago and it is the only port we have ever disliked!

We are going next May on the Allure and it will probably be our biggest excursion stop as we will do the beach in Labadee and San Juan is a short stop.

I looked at Captain Bob's and it looks perfect, but wow, that price for kids is high! I understand they take up a spot on the boat so I know the reasoning, but it would be 600 for the 5 of us with tip and I don't think we cam swing that.

Don't want just a beach day, but like a beach stop. Easy snorkeling would be awesome. Any ideas?

My DH and I have only been to St. Maarten once about 10 years ago and it is the only port we have ever disliked!

We are going next May on the Allure and it will probably be our biggest excursion stop as we will do the beach in Labadee and San Juan is a short stop.

I looked at Captain Bob's and it looks perfect, but wow, that price for kids is high! I understand they take up a spot on the boat so I know the reasoning, but it would be 600 for the 5 of us with tip and I don't think we cam swing that.

Don't want just a beach day, but like a beach stop. Easy snorkeling would be awesome. Any ideas?

May is low season. Fewer ships and fewer vacationers equals less folks on the island and therefore fewer cars and less traffic. My suggestion for you would be to do some research on beaches and activities that you would be interested in and rent a car from the port. It gives maximum flexibility for a low cost. You can drive to some beaches and go snorkeling or paddle boarding etc, grab lunch at a local place for far less than the cost of the boat trip.

There is also a couple of ziplining places if that is more up your ally. Not sure how young your children are but it may be an option.

May is low season. Fewer ships and fewer vacationers equals less folks on the island and therefore fewer cars and less traffic. My suggestion for you would be to do some research on beaches and activities that you would be interested in and rent a car from the port. It gives maximum flexibility for a low cost. You can drive to some beaches and go snorkeling or paddle boarding etc, grab lunch at a local place for far less than the cost of the boat trip.

There is also a couple of ziplining places if that is more up your ally. Not sure how young your children are but it may be an option.

Thanks, I didn't think mlm of that! The kids will be 9, 5, and 4.