Cruising with children

THEPRFCT10

We are on Whisper at the moment, sailing from Venice to Monte Carlo. It is the European summer so we expected a couple of families. Indeed, there are several including an extended family group numbering around 20, the youngest being 3.

There are many other kids ranging from 2 up to mid teens. By and large, all have behaved and parents and nannnies have ensured other guests are not troubled (although there have been some rumblings from guests at times). This includes when the kids use the pool.

We could do without the table tennis setup which attracts the kids like moths to a flame but to be fair, this is set up on the smoking side of the pool deck that we don’t frequent anyway.

We wouldn’t choose a family oriented line because we seek something quite different from our cruises. However this cruise, with its many children, has not been the trial it potentially might have been.

I cruised on Whisper last month and I know there were a few "multiple generational families" on board. I know there was a family of 18 on board...….Grandparents/Parents/kids.....there were also a few other families on board. Sometimes you just notice things (not meaning to be a busy body) but when it is "just there" you cannot help but notice it. I think the kids all stayed with their own families (mostly)…….and that includes "infants".. There were some toddler's on board and if memory serves there were a few teens as well. A few things did happen

as one might expect. Bringing the younger kids to a show and having them CRY...….(at least either mom or dad took them out of the theater).

And I do recall one family, the older girl was about 14 and the baby sister about 2.5......I guess on a cruise timing goes out the window......we would be up in the Panorama lounge around 11:00pm......Mom, dad and 2 kids were up there....the little one was in the middle of everything...…..a bit odd to me, but what do I know? The dad made sure to tell whoever he could how he found out they were having another little one:eek:…..the story was told multiple times.....

Edited by Lois R