Questions regarding Celebrity's Ibiza Coastline and Scenic Bike Tour

ROWSE

Has anyone taken the Ibiza Coastline and Scenic Bike Tour off a cruise ship?

It sounded fun and we have booked it for our Celebrity Reflection October cruise.

I would love to hear some first hand experiences. Tried the search but no information

came up.

Thank you!!

• 3 months later...

We are back from our Reflection cruise and I thought I would come back to my question above and answer it myself.

I would never recommend this tour unless you enjoy no interaction with tour guides as they mainly spoke French, minimal English, and did not explain anything we saw in Ibiza.  

We were given bikes and helmets but no safety check to see if you knew how the gears worked or brakes so you must be an avid biker or with someone that is.  

The bikes were excellent, however, they had the racer bike seats, so someone on the tour likened it to sitting on a pole for 3 hours.  Most women and some men were miserable from the seats alone.  Hard to enjoy anything when I was in such pain.

It was a ride through walking areas and busy streets and some very heavy mountain biking terrain as well.  This would have been fine accept for the bottom pain most of us were in. 

We did stop at a bar and I assumed the guides always stopped here and I asked where is the bathroom which was met with "I don't know."   WHAT????  Okay, I found it myself.  

On the return back there were three falls, two from running into poles blocking walking areas from motor vehicles, and one from someone running into the back of someone else when they stopped to check on the person hitting the poles.  There was not a lot of concern on the guides parts.  

We were so glad to get back to the ship.  If ever in Ibiza again I would certainly do something other than this tour.

I did not complain to Celebrity as it is what it is.  Just wanted to let people who might wonder as I did what this tour was like.

This tour could be improved with normal bike seats, and guides who actually gave you a tour.