Hotels in Montreal through Holland america line

mitchdew

hello, I am booked on a cruise in June departing from Montreal.

I booked 3 nights pre at the Fairmont hotel through Holland america. We are paying about $850 per 2 persons.

Any body know about this hotel? Seems a little expensive and i was wondering what type of rooms the hotel give to cruise passengers.

I understand that the hotel has different types of rooms: Moderate, standard, deluxe, etc.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

If the property is the Queen Elizabeth by Fairmont, it is a beautiful business type hotel in the middle of Montreal. During the week, there might be a convention. We stayed their for an Anniversary weekend and could walk (if you are up to it) in many directions. It is across the street from the Underground metro mover, about two blocks from the information center and the trolley tour center (a must for tourists to see everything comfortably). We enjoyed our Anniversary dinner in the "hunt" club style restaurant. Breakfast place on the main shopping street about 4 blocks walk was fabulous. Wish I could remember the name!

Bon Voyage

I tried B&B's, 3 stars, 2 stars, because the Grand prix all the space is sold out or more than 500 usd per night. Insane.

I will just have to pay the rate that HAL has: $386 per night at the Fairmont hotel.

Now i am wondering if their rooms are good enough for those kind of prices.

mitchdew:

I am interested in exactly what your dates are in June. I personally find $386.00 per night exhorbitant in Montreal for any hotel. However, the Grand Prix could make a difference. What location and star quality are you looking for in a hotel?

My dates are June 22th to June 24th.

I am looking for a four star hotel like the Sheraton, Hyatt, Fairmont, Marriott. All of them are sold out or have a 3 night minimum stay required and the rate is close to $500. That is why the cruise line hotel(fairmont) for $386 even thosugh sounds expensive is by far the best deal out there.

You're absolutely right!! I had no idea the rooms were so expensive here during Grand Prix. I did some searches and .... Montreal isn't usually expensive for hotels.

The pros of being in Montreal at that time is that the whole city takes on a party atmosphere at that time.:D

Archived