Celebrity Classic Drink Package Question

davec02

Hi All,

I know there are countless questions on here about the drink package but I couldn't find the answer to my questions. Hoping someone recently off the Summit or other similar Celebrity ships can help me.

I received the classic drink package as a free perk but I am considering upgrading to the premium. One of the big reasons is that I am a big beer drinker, and some of the beers listed on Celebrity's site under the premium package appeal to me (Dogfish, Lagunitas, Stone, etc). However, on pictures of drink menus I found online, it appears that these beers were only available in the Michaels Club, which we will not have access to.

I guess my questions are...is this true? Are these beers available anywhere else on the ship? Most of the pictures of menu's I found appear to be outdated, and I have heard drink prices have been increasing lately. Also curious as to whether most of the specialty cocktails you might find at an average bar are priced out of the standard package. Will I pretty much be restricted to well/mixed drinks? If anyone happens to have any recent pictures of drink menus, that would be greatly appreciated!!! 9 days away!

You can get beer all over the summit. Depending on the package determines which ones are included. We had a beer drinker and he had beer at every bar including wine and martini bars. You will not have a problem with getting premium ones. He did have an issue in the main dining but that was a language barrier at first and he was fine after that. I know cellar masters has a page or two of beer options. Let me see if I have photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You don't need to upgrade now -- you can wait until you are on the ship and have had a chance to explore and see for yourself. Spend the first day checking out the availability and upgrade on day two if you decide to, and save yourself some money.

I don’t know how many you are planning on drinking a day but it may be cheaper not to upgrade. You only pay the difference in cost between the cost limit of a drink that is in the package plus the 18%. The upgrade is now $14 plus 18 %. If the beer you are drinking is only $1 more you would have to drink more than 14/day to be ahead.

You don’t need to upgrade the first day, you can upgrade anytime during the cruise before 3rd day from the last day.

Drink up 🍺🍻🍹🍸🍷🥂🍾

Appreciate the offer but I set sail Aug 12. Thanks! :)

Enjoy. She is my favorite ship. Side note the Frog and Onion in port has a brewery of local beers. We did flights right in the dockyard. I only had the porter but the guys had the flight of 6. They have a special not on the menu one they added for the 6th.

20994102_10155661867919116_2847609415166817405_n.thumb.jpg.5d0efae895275d753c76b31c809cae39.jpg

The Frog and Onion also has a happy hour.

Something to consider and be aware of is that the gratuity is automatically included in your bill for all places in Bermuda. We were at the Frog and Onion and the couple next to us at the bar wasn’t aware of it or didn’t pay attention. It seems as if they spent a few hours there watching a ball game and having a good time. They weren’t feeling any pain. He settled up paying with a CC and then added a fairly large cash gratuity. While sitting there finishing his drink he was now looking over his receipt and seen that the tip was included and made a remark that the BT ended up with a 45% tip.

Drink up 🍻🍺🍸🍷🍹🥂🍾