Just off the Zaandam. All Concerns Unfounded. Loved it! A Review.

elbodans

As my mother used to say "Now you've gone and been and done it!" On the strength of your thread we just booked the Zaandam cruise for August 27th! El cheapo inside room!:eek: We have never booked anything so last minute that wasn't for a funeral!!

THAT IS FANTASTIC! i hope you have an AMAZING time!

seriously. i really hope so. because you booked it on my recommendation, so i will feel very badly if you don't!

but you will! enjoy! and last minute travel plans are the best!

I was on her a year ago and in the cabin next to yours. I love that cabin location (my TA thought I was crazy) and booked that cabin on many cruises.

Thanks for bringing back wonderful memories.

you are quite welcome!

as for your TA: i wonder why? i mean, i get that it's supposedly a poor location. but WHY? we loved it.

Could you still get by with the carryon if you were taking a 2 month cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes. i have done six week trips with the same exact bag. like three weeks on vacation on a road trip in colorado followed by a conference in lake charles, louisiana, followed by work travel in roswell, new mexico and boston.

i maintain i could LIVE out of a carry on bag indefinitely.

the secret is doing laundry. (honestly, i don't even really own that much stuff. like in my closet at home. it's pretty empty.)

Just off the Zaandam Aug. 13. Great 14-day Alaska cruise. We were in Main Deck 2 stateroom 2621, one of the recently remodeled staterooms with the walk-in shower, chosen for the low deck, mid- ship location. I had one evening at dinner when the seas were 6 feet that I left the dining room and went down to my stateroom, which had less movement. Should have taken my Bonine when the Captain made the announcement, and I would have been ok. Nothing to complain about on the ship except for the really annoying placement of the light switches at the headboard which makes reading sitting up in bed nearly impossible as the lights trigger and flicker off and on. All the beds I saw had the switches in the same location. Is this the case on all HAL ships, just the Zaandam or only on the R class?