Konigsdam 10day Mediterranean mosaic

lintom

Booked cat VC balcony deck 5. Wondering difference between this and lower cat V.

Also how do I find out mariner status, perks, etc. Would like to take advantage of any discounted wine packages, etc.

Booked direct thru HAL consultant.

I see from another post of yours that this is your second HAL cruise. Unless your first was a long one in a suite, you are likely a long way from a discounted wine package. At 3-star (75 day credits) you can get 25% off.

See https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/mariner-society.html

Edited by catl331

As with just about any cabin levels, it is really all location, location, location.

What Mariner status do you have? The perks are explained on the HAL website.

Thank you. Yes apparently we're one star until after this cruise :-(

I see from another post of yours that this is your second HAL cruise. Unless your first was a long one in a suite, you are likely a long way from a discounted wine package. At 3-star (75 day credits) you can get 25% off.

See https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/mariner-society.html

Thanks Carol. Yes we were in a vista suite? our first HAL cruise on the Veendam. So, yes, no discounted wine for us :-( I guess we'll be 2star after this cruise.

Your cabin is probably okay.. probably a good one.

These should only have cabins, and no public areas above to create any noise issues.

I believe that the balconies on these are fully covered.

You might want to double check and make sure that your particular cabin is non-adjoining.

I believe that the V category you are mentioning is because of the mid-ship location. I would prefer to be in a VC, which are not in-set over the lifeboats like the mid-ship cabins.

Here is a video showing what I am describing, from the mid-ship in-set (not bumped out) section over the lifeboats just below.

I also think I am seeing an adjoining door to the next cabin? But, I don't think the deck-plans are showing 5092 as adjoining?

V5092

Happy planning!

Edited by Wishing on a star

Your cabin is probably okay.. probably a good one.

These should only have cabins, and no public areas above to create any noise issues.

I believe that the balconies on these are fully covered.

You might want to double check and make sure that your particular cabin is non-adjoining.

I believe that the V category you are mentioning is because of the mid-ship location. I would prefer to be in a VC, which are not in-set over the lifeboats like the mid-ship cabins.

Here is a video showing what I am describing, from the mid-ship in-set (not bumped out) section over the lifeboats just below.

I also think I am seeing an adjoining door to the next cabin? But, I don't think the deck-plans are showing 5092 as adjoining?

V5092

Happy planning!

Thank you Wishing On A Star!!! Yes, our stateroom is bumped out, just forward of midship and not connecting. So the HAL consultant steered me well! Looking forward to this trip VERY much....