Cabin Question

12Lawman

. Book what you feel comfortable paying, then watch for price drops. For our cruise last May, we booked an inside cabin about 6-7 months out, then upgraded to an outside view for $ 99 pp 2 months later, then upgraded to a balcony for an additional $ 49 pp 2 months prior to sailing.

How did you watch for price drops? (watch website, get emails, call everyday?) I haven't cruised in 10 years and forgot how everything works. Were the upgrades a deal you found, or just a choice you made? If a deal, how did you find it?

Thanks! - Jim

How did you watch for price drops? (watch website, get emails, call everyday?) I haven't cruised in 10 years and forgot how everything works. Were the upgrades a deal you found, or just a choice you made? If a deal, how did you find it?

Thanks! - Jim

I use a website travel agency that specializes in cruises for most of my cruise travel. I just checked once or twice per week to see if the prices dropped. When I saw a price drop, I just emailed them and they made the changes. Many of the websites also have “price watch” options that will email you when there is a change.

Depending on the promotion you originally booked , you may lose some extra perk, such as onboard credit, so you have to factor that in to the decision. We were lucky and kept all of our original onboard credit and got the better room for relatively small addition in price.

We can’t recommend specific travel agencies, but there are several websites / agencies that specialize in cruises. Just do a search for online cruise agencies or cruises, and you will find many. Check to make sure they have good reviews before choosing one. Many also still use a local travel agent and are happy.

Regardless of which option you choose, make sure they are experienced with Alaska cruises, especially if you are booking a land tour before or after your cruise. There are so many options in Alaska that they need to be familiar with, not just necessarily go with the cheapest price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We’ve sailed Alaska three times. Twice in OV, once in a suite. Next Alaskan cruise we’re back in an OV. We enjoy being in deck with the masses.

If you’re cruising style is more private, then book a balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums