Penthouse double booked!

mitchdew

I'm a TA and the same thing happened to one of my bookings however luckily I caught it and we were able to make an alternate booking - it was only by chance I found out . The booking was for a good friend who was going with a group I have. We wanted to add a passenger to her cabin and when I called, HAL advised the booking had been cancelled. AND - the ship was almost sold out! Although we were able to rebook at the same rate as it was part of a group negotiated price, there were cc admin fees and the error cost the client money in admin fees. It has only been with persistence that I have had word that they will cover the admin costs however, I have not received that in writing as of yet. I am hopeful however. Short of regularly checking your booking online to be sure all is in order, I am not sure how to avoid this situation from taking place again and I am not sure how often it actually happens.

I'm a TA and the same thing happened to one of my bookings however luckily I caught it and we were able to make an alternate booking - it was only by chance I found out . The booking was for a good friend who was going with a group I have. We wanted to add a passenger to her cabin and when I called, HAL advised the booking had been cancelled. AND - the ship was almost sold out! Although we were able to rebook at the same rate as it was part of a group negotiated price, there were cc admin fees and the error cost the client money in admin fees. It has only been with persistence that I have had word that they will cover the admin costs however, I have not received that in writing as of yet. I am hopeful however. Short of regularly checking your booking online to be sure all is in order, I am not sure how to avoid this situation from taking place again and I am not sure how often it actually happens.

You got lucky that cabins were still available.

The problem here was that this ship only has one PH.

Why this glitch costed money to your clients??

I think that this problem is due to the new reservation system that Hal copied from Princess.

I am sure that HAL gave us such a good compensation because our TA is one of the best accounts that they have and they do not want them angry and to book their clients with other cruise lines.

This travel agency was very kind because they lost their commission from our PH and they did not blink!! They fought for us and came through with this resolution!

Very nice handled by HAL. I never heard of such a great compensation !! 2 7 day cruises on a Suite??? Maybe because the cabin lost was the PH.

I am sure that the OP will run into his rivals while attending the VIP parties that the Captain always have for the cat S and PH guests.

Sounds like the travel agen involved here did battle very well inbehalf of his/her clients. That is why we always book through our TA. They can move the world for you!!

Archived