Penthouse double booked!

mitchdew

same problem and we lost our suite. our ex TA dropped the ball by not following up and we ended up losing. we ended up on the same cruise with a sc cat.we only book thru HAL now.

You said theTA dropped the ball. What exactly happened to your booking ?

I hope the OP will share with us what the final resolution turns out to be.

I am always disappointed when someone starts this sort of a conversation here and doesn't give us the 'ending'.

You didn't miss it, sail; the OP hasn't posted a resolution.

I can't remember when the cruise is scheduled to sail. Is there still so much time before sailing that it possibly isn't resolved yet?

I booked a cruise back in June for a Canada New Englan cruise this simmer 06. We booked the PH and then HAL switched their comupter system and my bk# got cxld automatically.

My travel agent found out like a month later when she was trying to add my amex platinum tracking number.

She was told that our PH was already booked from other travel agency and they would get it back for us.

Is been almost 6 months and we are still waiting from HAL.

Anybody had an experience like this before?

Seems like the new reservations system is not the best.

His cruise is this summer.

Hey, a so-so cruise is better than a great day at work, right?!!

I don't know about that. When I have a great day at work, I can improve the lives of thousands of people and make my community a safer place. I can help my coworkers make the lives of thousands better and give them the ability to do that on a daily basis. When things go great at work I can provide hope that the future is better.

I don't know about that. When I have a great day at work, I can improve the lives of thousands of people and make my community a safer place. I can help my coworkers make the lives of thousands better and give them the ability to do that on a daily basis. When things go great at work I can provide hope that the future is better.

Surely when you posted this you expected someone to ask..........What is it that you do?

Surely when you posted this you expected someone to ask..........What is it that you do?

It's not that I'm not curious/interested but, in this context, the question is probably totally unimportant and may warrant a new 'thread'.

No offence intended, S7S, :) but I think many of us would like to hear the end of the 'double booked penthouse' saga.

Reading previous posts, seems there's more than one 'group' involved - each claiming to be 'regular' cruisers.............

It would be nice to hear the outcome.......:D

It's not that I'm not curious/interested but, in this context, the question is probably totally unimportant and may warrant a new 'thread'.

No offence intended, S7S, :) but I think many of us would like to hear the end of the 'double booked penthouse' saga.

Reading previous posts, seems there's more than one 'group' involved - each claiming to be 'regular' cruisers.............

It would be nice to hear the outcome.......:D

I agree that I would like to learn the resolution. That is why I brought this thread forward two times. It had dropped back onto pages three or four.......

I brought if forward first on March 2 and again today.

I agree that I would like to learn the resolution. That is why I brought this thread forward two times. It had dropped back onto pages three or four.......

I brought if forward first on March 2 and again today.

I've tried too! - but to no avail! Makes me think the OP was not quite 'up front' at the outset! - maybe hoped to 'slip under the wire' so to speak.

:eek: :rolleyes:

If the original poster is on the same cruise as the group from Cruise Trek. The cruise does not leave Montreal until 6/24. I am sailing with the cruise trek group and our final payment was due the beginning of March. So it is possible that the situation has not yet been resolved.

Linda

...... "final payment WAS due the beginning of March."

Presumably, OP has made final payment? Or if not, no resolution was reached and they are not going on the cruise? In any case, if they chose to come here and start this story, give a very negative impression on a situation, wouldn't it be nice to be forthright and complete the story? I understand they are under no obligation but it is when these things are left dangling that the next time we see a 'like post', we tend to be less accepting of its authenticity. Human nature, isn't it?

Hey Captain,

I stand corrected. I should have said... for people like me with meaningless jobs!!! Sounds like you have a rewarding profession that you love. Sounds wonderful and I applaud you for doing it. Got any openings over there?!! :) It's not too fun over here. I work for a millionaire and his family. Nothing is good enough and there aren't enough private planes to fly them around. Not much reward in a job like this. I also have to beg to take vacations :eek: and I really need my vacations!!

Keep up the good work and hope I didn't offend.:)

Mary

Hey Captain,

I stand corrected. I should have said... for people like me with meaningless jobs!!! Sounds like you have a rewarding profession that you love. Sounds wonderful and I applaud you for doing it. Got any openings over there?!! :) It's not too fun over here. I work for a millionaire and his family. Nothing is good enough and there aren't enough private planes to fly them around. Not much reward in a job like this. I also have to beg to take vacations :eek: and I really need my vacations!!

Keep up the good work and hope I didn't offend.:)

Mary

We went out to dinner with another couple recently, he owns a few hotels and is very well off, deservedly so, he has always worked very hard. We were talking about a serial child abuse case that I was very successful in handling. He turned around a nd said, "Wow, you actually make a difference" I had always thought so, which is why I do what I do, but to have someone outside the community and not a victim or family member to say that, is still the highlight of last year.

For a number of reasons the line that a bad day at seas is better than a good day on land has always bothered me, but a good day on land is an accomplishment for many folks.

When posters use hypobole to describe a negative experience, there are 3-5 posters who will pounce like starving lions on a baby zebra, but when hypoerbole is used to describe positive experience, these same posters become the Amen Chorus on Easter Sunday.

When posters use hypobole to describe a negative experience, there are 3-5 posters who will pounce like starving lions on a baby zebra, but when hypoerbole is used to describe positive experience, these same posters become the Amen Chorus on Easter Sunday.

But of course, you are around to help straightem them out and show them the error of their ways.

Thank you Robin of Loxley.

:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Sorry for no posting earlier. We were abroad for a few months.

Regarding the PH. The news is that our travel agent negotiated very well for us. Seems like the other passengers booked in the PH are traveling with 10 family member and were not willing to move out. Any way, we got a complementary cat S on this sailing and a future free cruise on a S category as well. This was not a money issue but they just could not fix it through other channels.

I am very happy in how HAL handled the situation. They just do not want to get bad publicity over computer problems like this one.

...... "final payment WAS due the beginning of March."

Presumably, OP has made final payment? Or if not, no resolution was reached and they are not going on the cruise? In any case, if they chose to come here and start this story, give a very negative impression on a situation, wouldn't it be nice to be forthright and complete the story? I understand they are under no obligation but it is when these things are left dangling that the next time we see a 'like post', we tend to be less accepting of its authenticity. Human nature, isn't it?

Final payment for this sailing was due yesterday!! Every cruise line has 90 days prior sailing date. We sail on June 24th.

Yesterday our TA called us and gave us the resolution that HAL came out with.

Archived