Greece Cruise - Celestyal Crystal

UMDTERPS1

Greetings Everyone,

My wife and I are exploring the possibility of taking a late April 2020 Cruise on Celestyal from Pireaus (7 night very port intensive sailing) to Turkey and the Greek Islands. I have a few questions:

1. Does anyone have general comments regarding Celestyal ? I'm keeping my expectations low and viewing this trip as more a place to eat and sleep....

2. Is Pireaus an easy port to get to from Athens ? We were thinking about flying into Athens a day early, taking a 7 day sailing to Istanbul and the greek islands and then spending two additional days in Athens at the conclusion of the sailing. Does this sound reasonable?

3. We have a choice of leaving any weekend in April. Is early April the best time or should we plan for late April?

Any help on the aforementioned would be greatly appreciated...

Michael

• 3 months later...

I’ve found expectations can create misery.  For entertainment, I would like to spend time gazing at the wake in the sea with my wife.  Port excursions are well regarded.  For about $200 per day including 3 meals and alcohol, this is a bargain.  I am going to book.  Let me know how your trip turns out.

Jim

Hi all!

We took Celestyal Cristal twice from Montego Bay around Cuba before they went back overseas. We really enjoyed the size of the ship & everything was fine. The only thing that bothered some people, not us though, is the disposal of tp.

I'd sail with them again.

~ Jo ~ ☺️