How do you handle when a crusie line (Emerald Waterways) doesn't give out a discount?

Decaturbob

Apparently Emerald Waterways does not honor their "double the prepayment discount" for customers who have already booked and prepaid for 2019 cruise. Not really a good way to treat a customer at all and I wonder if any one else has had a similar experience and if they made any head way.

If this discount was instituted after you had already paid, then they are in the right.

On the other hand, if you feel that the cruise line is disrespecting you, then let them know with your wallet -- book a different line in the future.

If this discount was instituted after you had already paid, then they are in the right.

On the other hand, if you feel that the cruise line is disrespecting you, then let them know with your wallet -- book a different line in the future.

I took the route to offer a complaint on Emeralds Waterways facebook page and the Twitter feeds. Took 2 days before a an agent got a hold of me with an offer that wasn't 100% of what the new discount was but way better than nothing. Now I received yet another email promotion for 2019 bookings for suite upgrades and packages. Now it appears I will have to go through this hoop again. Any service provider must depend on good customer service. Sometimes we have to make them good at it.

The time to get a discount is before you buy, not after.

Once you have paid your money it is too late to look for a discount. It is one of the reasons why we typically book inside the final payment window.

I was able to an additional partial extra discount, so no its not too late to ask and receive