Where does the Prinsendam dock?

Hi

Does anyone know of a site where I can check where we actually dock on the AmazonExplorer cruise? For example, the itinerary says Terre-de-haute Guadalupe but do we actually dock in Les Saintes? Thanks in advance.

Unless things changed, Terre-de-Haute which, with Terre de Basse, form the Isles de Saintes which are located "under" the larger island of Guadeloupe, is still a tender port. If you were going to Pointe-a-Pitre on Guadeloupe, you'd be docking. Hope that makes sense

If your itinerary says Terre de Haute, Guadalupe, then you should be anchoring at the small island of Terre de Haute and tendering ashore as mentioned by Copper 10-8. Many small cruise ships do this, and we did so once with Windstar. It was a very good day. We walked about 20 minutes over the spine of the island to Pompierre Beach. It was not a very difficult walk. We spent most of the day there and then went back to wander around town and have ice cream. I would definitely be happy to go back there again.

Here is a video that I was able to find on YouTube. The video definitely shows Prinsendam anchored off shore at time stamp 0:38. If you want to get one of the electric carts shown in the video then make sure to get an early start. They were all sold out by the time we slept in and had a leisurely breakfast.

The video shows a bit of Seaweed at Pompierre Beach; however, we did not see any seaweed.

qhY3kZW4HVU

Edited by BBQ Lover

If your itinerary says Terre de Haute, Guadalupe, then you should be anchoring at the small island of Terre de Haute and tendering ashore as mentioned by Copper 10-8. Many small cruise ships do this, and we did so once with Windstar. It was a very good day. We walked about 20 minutes over the spine of the island to Pompierre Beach. It was not a very difficult walk. We spent most of the day there and then went back to wander around town and have ice cream. I would definitely be happy to go back there again.

Here is a video that I was able to find on YouTube. The video definitely shows Prinsendam anchored off shore at time stamp 0:38. If you want to get one of the electric carts shown in the video then make sure to get an early start. They were all sold out by the time we slept in and had a leisurely breakfast.

The video shows a bit of Seaweed at Pompierre Beach; however, we did not see any seaweed.

qhY3kZW4HVU

Nice music accompanying that YouTube video; 'Sous le ciel de Paris', I believe. Thanks for posting it!