Boston plans

Smallfamily

13 hours ago, 138east said:

What are your exact dates?  Boston hotels are expensive. I would be looking at hotels in the Seaport District - short cab ride or Silverline ride from South Station and short cab ride or Silverline ride to the port. 

ALL the hotels in the Seaport District are relatively new and are at least 3*. Make a cancellable reservation NOW and watch Hotwire for a good deal on a Seaport District hotel. 

It will be for next Sep 1st and 2nd before a HAL Canada New England cruise.  Just realize that is the labor day weekend.  Yikes!!  

Sounds like a good idea to book a refundable reservation now.  Thanks!

6 hours ago, Sailor Taylor said:

Right now the best price I can get is $200/day.  Is that a reasonable price for seaport district?

$200 is an excellent price. What hotel exactly?  You’ve lucked out on your dates!!!  Prices will tend to be less Labor Day weekend - no business travel and locals will be heading to the beaches for one last weekend. 

6 hours ago, Sailor Taylor said:

Right now the best price I can get is $200/day.  Is that a reasonable price for seaport district?

$200 is an excellent price. What hotel exactly?  You’ve lucked out on your dates!!!  Prices will tend to be less Labor Day weekend - no business travel and locals will be heading to the beaches for one last weekend.

Personally I wouldn’t mess with Airbnb in Boston unless you really know the neighborhoods. For your dates a queen bed at the Yotel is $203 plus tax cancellable if you join their club. Read the details on this hotel - it’s a little different but it’s one of the newest properties in the Seaport District

You can get to this hotel for free on the Silverline bus from the airport getting off at Courthouse Station which is right at the hotel. This is a very accessible trip with luggage - one step on and off plus escalators and elevators in the station. More details can be provided. For $2.75/pp you can also take the Silverline SL2 right to the cruise port. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 138east said:

Personally I wouldn’t mess with Airbnb in Boston unless you really know the neighborhoods. For your dates a queen bed at the Yotel is $203 plus tax cancellable if you join their club. Read the details on this hotel - it’s a little different but it’s one of the newest properties in the Seaport District

You can get to this hotel for free on the Silverline bus from the airport getting off at Courthouse Station which is right at the hotel. This is a very accessible trip with luggage - one step on and off plus escalators and elevators in the station. More details can be provided. For $2.75/pp you can also take the Silverline SL2 right to the cruise port. 

Yep, Yotel is the one I am looking at. :classic_smile:  It doesn't say anything about a club though.  Is that a loyalty program?   

There is also a hotel called Hotel 140 in Back bay for $170/pn also cancellable. What do you think about that one?   Worth the saving?    And there is a Boston Park Plaza not too far in downtown for $189/pn.  

In Seaport I see a Renaissance Boston Waterfront also reasonable at $239/pn.  

Edited by Sailor Taylor

On 11/11/2018 at 7:14 AM, Sailor Taylor said:

Yep, Yotel is the one I am looking at. :classic_smile:  It doesn't say anything about a club though.  Is that a loyalty program?   

There is also a hotel called Hotel 140 in Back bay for $170/pn also cancellable. What do you think about that one?   Worth the saving?    And there is a Boston Park Plaza not too far in downtown for $189/pn.  

In Seaport I see a Renaissance Boston Waterfront also reasonable at $239/pn.  

What do you want to do in Boston?  To be in Back Bay I’d go with the Park Plaza over the Hotel 140. The Renaissance is also just fine - very close to the Silver Line Way Silverline stop

Hotel cost is not always everything. Both the Yotel and Renaissance are a cheap cab ride or an accessible Silverline ride from South Station and the port. It will cost you more money to get to and from Back Bay. 

• Thanks 1