Helicopter excursion over monsterrat

Does anyone have any knowledge about the helicopter ride from Antigua to View Montserrat? We have several people in our party who are considering this option. How long is the drive to get to the helicopter pad? It says it is a 2.5 hr excursion but how long are you actually flying around Montserrat?

Thank yo for any info!

We stayed in Antigua for a week for our 25th anniversary. We booked through Caribbean Flights (I think). The HIGHLIGHT of our trip was the helicopter ride to Montserrat. Don't know how it would be off a ship's excursion. It was a 45 minute trip and we loved every single minute of it. We still talk about how amazing it was.

We booked this excursion through the ship and did it this past January. Time from dock to helicopter was about an hour, that included walking to a van, which was a little bit of a hike, van transportation to helicopter and the training. Beware they do pull out a scale and weigh you. The actual helicopter portion over Montserrat was about 45 minutes. Helicopter seats 4 passengers and the pilot. Pilot and one up front, three in back. I was up front with the pilot and it was amazing. Not sure the middle seat in back would have been as great. While the volcano is considered active, we didn't see hot lava, mainly just steam and flew over the lava flow and destruction of the island. It was very moving. If you have any specific questions let me know and I'll try to answer.

Greenmomma ~ Thank you so much for passing on specifics. From our very first time that we passed by Monsterrat on a cruise, it has been in our minds that we would like to do this tour. I'm somewhat limited in how far I can walk so, at this point, I think we are going to keep it on our future bucket list. :(

I'm sure they would golf cart you to the van if that's the only issue. I will say that the step up into the helicopter was a big one. I assume they would have brought a step stool if i ended up needing it but I was able to hoist my chubby behind up into the seat. I say go for it. :)