Emerald Princess Mediterranean - Sept. 2019

eurodl

Hi everyone. I realize this is quite a ways out there but wanted to get started collecting information.

We've cruised on Princess before but not on Emerald and never to the Mediterranean. Looking for suggestions on excursions and and tips you can give us for the Emerald. We would like to stay extra days pre and post cruise (Barcelona/Rome) and would like recommendations on hotels.

We've booked a Club Class Mini Suite on the Emerald. Is it worth the extra perks over a regular Mini Suite? We've sailed in a mini-suite before and enjoyed the extra room.

Thanks to all in advance!

Hi everyone. I realize this is quite a ways out there but wanted to get started collecting information.

We've cruised on Princess before but not on Emerald and never to the Mediterranean. Looking for suggestions on excursions and and tips you can give us for the Emerald. We would like to stay extra days pre and post cruise (Barcelona/Rome) and would like recommendations on hotels.

We've booked a Club Class Mini Suite on the Emerald. Is it worth the extra perks over a regular Mini Suite? We've sailed in a mini-suite before and enjoyed the extra room.

Thanks to all in advance!

Have you joined the roll call for your cruise?

Thats the best place to share info on tours etc with your fellow passengers. ;)

Have you joined the roll call for your cruise?

Thats the best place to share info on tours etc with your fellow passengers. ;)

The cruise was so far out that I didn't think there would be a roll call yet. I will check. Thank you.

...We've cruised on Princess before but not on Emerald and never to the Mediterranean. Looking for suggestions on excursions and and tips you can give us for the Emerald...Thanks to all in advance!
We did a day tour of Barcelona and Montserrat with Barcelona Day Tours and thought it was a very good tour.

We also did the Gotico Tapas Walking Tour with The Barcelona Taste. We stopped at four places; cheese tasting, two stops for tapas and the last stop for dessert. Each stop included wine to go with the food. All of the stops were very good and we also had a guided tour of the old town as we walked from venue to venue. An excellent tour!

There are numerous Flamenco show options in Barcelona but we did the dinner and show at Tablao Flamenco Cordobes and enjoyed both the extensive buffet dinner and the show.

I had a lot of Hilton points so we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Rome Claridge. It is conveniently located at a light rail line stop and just a block away is Taverna Rossini with some of the best Italian food we have ever had. The buffet breakfast was a good way to start the day. One morning we walked from the hotel through the Villa Borghese, past the Trevi Fountain, and to the Pantheon. A very good choice if you are a Hilton Honors member with sufficient points.

If you are disembarking in Rome you might consider the Princess debark tour that includes the Vatican. The tour and guide were excellent and we were dropped off with our luggage at our hotel after the tour. Definitely not the cheapest but worth considering.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser