Coach Costa Rica Review-

Pudgesmom

We used Coach Costa Rica this week for transportation after our Windstar voyage. OUTSTANDING! We were picked up right at 8 am on the pier in Puerto Caldera in a delightful large van (we are a family of four). Our guide was Juan Carlos and he was extremely knowledgeable about Costa Rica.

At our request, we were taken to the University of Costa Rica in San Jose, and the service had arranged a tour for us with a university representative. Then, we lunched on typical Costa Rican cuisine at a restaurant located by the guides.

Finally, we were delivered to the airport right on time at 1:30 for our 4:30 flight. Interestingly enough, they saved us over $100.00 when we were told we did not have to pay the $27.00 pp departure tax. Costa Rica considers cruise passengers as just passing through.

Our cost for four was $150 plus lunch for one of the best days of our vacation. I highly recommend their service.

They provide transportation and tours throughout the entire country.

Beth

• 10 months later...

Just wanted to put in another plug for Coach Costa Rica. We had a group of 10 that hired them for transportation and guide services for the day and it was a great experience. Roiner was our guide and Alex our driver and we thouroughly enjoyed spending the day with them. They had helped me put together an itinerary for our group. It included the bridge over the Tarcoles River for croc viewing, hiking in Carrara, ziplining at Punta Leona (along with lunch and beach time), and a stop at Villa Lapas. Due to a tree falling on a platform at Punta Leona they were able to get us in to zipline at Villa Lapas instead. We had a blast ziplining. We overheard some who took the ship's tour talking about while they thought it was fun it was too crowded and they felt hurried. We never felt hurried, paid a lot less, and just had our group on the lines. The lunch at Punta Leona was delicious - in fact the whole resort is just beautiful. We highly recommend CCR to anyone that is visiting CR. They are very professional, friendly, and easy to work with in planning. Just let them know what you want to do and they will help you plan the perfect itinerary. Costa Rica is a beautiful country and my DH and I are ready to do an ecotour to spend more time just there!

Archived