Whats your favorite Cabo Resort?

kellanderson

What is your favorite Cabo resort when you are stopped in port? Fee's?

Activities?

Atmosphere?

Most efficient way to get there?

Do you perfer morning or afternoon at the resort?

Anyone know if Romeo and Juliet's is still on the way to Solmar Suites ( i love that restaurant- but haven't been there since 2000).

Do cabbies still take America $$?

The Melia is the gold resort on the left side of the beach looking from the ship. Beautiful pool, no fees (just order something), pool volleyball at times, massages, etc. No vendors will bother you. Great relaxing spot with fantastic views.

I'd vote for the Melia too, it's got a neat feature, tanning mattresses in the cabanas with pillows, the spring breakers love laying around on those, we kind of prefer to be upright in a lounger (easier to catch your wife stealing your drink). A land cab was $6, yes they take US $. Have lots of small bills, no one wants to make change. The ship is parked right off the beach, and the Arch rocks to the right. It got more crowded as time passed, don't wait till much after lunch to show up. Nacho platter and dip and 2 drinks was $14.

To those of you who have been to the Melia, can you tell me if JT Watersports is right there by the Melia to rent things from?

Thanks!

There is a beach rental nearby but don't know the name of it.

Hi All,

We would love to go to this resort too. Can anyone tell me if you can get a short tour of the Arch from Melia or anywhere close to it. Do they have water taxi's that take you out there?

There were tons of water taxis going and coming from the Medano Beach in front of the Melia, no prob getting one to take you out to the Arch. I think ppl said they paid about $4-5 p.p.

Yes, Romeo & Juliet's is still on the way out to Solmar. Was in Cabo Sept 05. Great restaurants in town...The Fish House and the Stoplight. In the marina, Galleria (Marco's caesar salads are from scratch and to die for).

Ciao for now!!!

How do you take the water taxi? Do you tender from your cruise ship first and then find a water taxi?

Yes, the ship tender drops you at a dock in the harbor, and the water taxis are waiting there. They are 15-20 foot open motor boats, like you'd use for lake fishing, many with awnings overhead for shade. When they take you to a beach you step off in about a foot of water b/c they can't pull up right onto the beach, so if you have good shoes or sandals on that shouldn't get wet, take them off before stepping off. If yer not too nimble the driver will help you off.

Archived