EMBARKATION and DEBARKATION Fascination 9/2 -9/7

cruisin 07

Arrived Friday so stayed at Sheraton Old San Juan. We requested and got our check out time extended to noon. Ship arrived as schedule on Sun. Our check in time was 1 – 1:30 pm. At 10 am I took 2 pieces of luggage to the terminal. Still a lot of people outside getting transportation. Porters exit and enter the terminal to the far left as you face the terminal. There is a guard at this gate who flagged down a porter for me who took my luggage. I tipped him $10.

We left hotel at noon and proceeded to the terminal.Checked 1 bag and proceeded inside. The escalator was broken so stairs or elevator which had a line. We chose the stairs. Got our picture taken and proceeded to the check in counter. No lines at all. The place was basically empty.After check-in walked past the liquor store inside the terminal before screening of luggage. Boarded on deck 3. Took about 30 minutes from the time we left the hotel to having lunch on Lido Deck. All luggage arrived by 5:30 pm.

Debarkation: The day before from 5 – 9 pm you can pick up your luggage tags which had numbers from 1 – 20. We chose the latest debarkation time 9:30 – 10:30 am. Put luggage out the night before. Left room at 8:30 to have breakfast at MDR then waited in the Library. They stopped the process a few times. Guess the line were getting to long. A little after 9:30 they called our number (20). 15 minutes later they called for all passengers to exit the ship. Walked right off the ship thinking this is great no lines. Not so fast.Inside the terminal where the luggage is staged, and you go through customs all the custom lines were over 100 people long. We were directed to where our luggage was staged by its number. Easy to find since there were on 8 pieces of luggage left at area 20.

A porter approached and said porters have their own line. Took one second to say yes. He led us around the long lines to the porter line that was to the far left - only had 3 folks ahead of us. Custom Officer asked if we had any fruit or vegetables, showed him our passports then pass the dog and on our way. Porter led us right to the taxi official who asked where we were headed and gave us a ticket with cost and we got into the next taxi. Taxi cost to airport $21 plus $1 per bag = $25. It cost $3 more to take a taxi from the airport – airport tax. The tip to the porter was well worth it for not having to stand and wait in the long customs line.

From the time we got up from the library to arrival to the airport was 35 minutes. Don’t forget you have to go through the agricultural inspection outside the airport terminal first before checking in for your flight.

DSCI1902.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

DSCI1903.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

DSCI1900.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

Thanks so much, this was very helpful! We are on the Fascination for Thanksgiving this year and will be staying pre-cruise at the Sheraton Old San Juan also. I am thinking we will also take the latest debarkation time because we are staying overnight at the Intercontinental and flying home Monday morning (flights home the Sunday after Thanksgiving were very $$).

Do you think 1pm is the earliest check in time assigned for San Juan? Reason being, I logged in at exactly midnight at 90 days out to pick my assigned check in time and the earliest time was 1pm. I usually purchase FTTF but I didn't think it was worth it for this cruise. We will be at 74 days at the end of this cruise so missing Platinum boarding by one day. :(

FlaMommy75 - 1 pm was the earliest check in time I saw. But we took the chance along with another couple and no issue checking in at noon. I think most fly in the day of and arrive sometime after noon.

I will be posting some more once I get my computer back that good be of interest.

Thank you for the information! We board in 2 1/2 weeks. Nice to know that we could drop our luggage off early as we are also staying at the Sheraton prior to the cruise. If you happen to have the Fun Times, would you mind posting copies of them so we will have an idea of what to expect daily. Thank you!

Sheraton

44081016234_46db02925b_z.jpg

Fascination from Pool Sunday Morning

44751106152_c69856bb1f_z.jpg

Carnival Check In at about 12:20

42989403570_89115a9b9a_z.jpg

Liquor Store Inside Terminal after Check In. We didn't go but looks like wine bottles on table

42989406440_e711873ba7_z.jpg

42989407770_ff9c6c110a_z.jpg

Brilliant pictures thanks a lot. Dont think we will have any trouble getting wine in there. So excited after seeing these!!!!!