Cruise Review: Escape From New York, Sept. 2-9, 2018

PaulInPGH

KismetzMom, thanks that's so great!

Do they slide the dailies under you door or something?

They leave them on the bed when they do the evening turn-down service. Unless you have the Do Not Disturb sign on. Then they will leave them in a little slot between the light fixture and the wall right outside the door.

Thanks for the review. I sailed with you as it was my second week of a btb. Was fun to read a different perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope you enjoyed the double cruise! Any particular favorite things from the trip you'd like to share? I'm always interested in hearing what other people liked or disliked about a cruise.

Cheers.

My two weeks were very different. The first week was spent with adult friends and the second was with my sister and her 4 year old. It was like night and day. Ive been to Bermuda several times so went with the flow with the adults. My sister played in a cas sponsored golf tournament the second week so I had my niece most of the time in Bermuda. We enjoyed a glass bottom boat snorkeling tour which was perfect for her and swam with the dolphins at the dockyard (lame compared to my other dolphin swims but perfect for a 4 year old). I spent most of my sea days in the Vibe. It was my 13th and 14th time sailing on the Escape and I cant say enough about the quality of service (obviously). Im actually sad that the Escape left Miami as it was my go to ship but am not a big fan of the NYC crowds on ships but most importantly plan my cruises around sunshine. (I live in NJ and am not knocking NYC residents but find that there are usually large groups sailing out of NY combined with all the cas guests out of Atlantic City and it makes for a different crowd than Miami) I eat at specialty dining and am a “plain” eater so cant get into a food review. I enjoy my cocktails and am not a gambler. I just cant say enough about the level of service on this ship.

My two weeks were very different. The first week was spent with adult friends and the second was with my sister and her 4 year old. It was like night and day. Ive been to Bermuda several times so went with the flow with the adults. My sister played in a cas sponsored golf tournament the second week so I had my niece most of the time in Bermuda. We enjoyed a glass bottom boat snorkeling tour which was perfect for her and swam with the dolphins at the dockyard (lame compared to my other dolphin swims but perfect for a 4 year old). I spent most of my sea days in the Vibe. It was my 13th and 14th time sailing on the Escape and I cant say enough about the quality of service (obviously). Im actually sad that the Escape left Miami as it was my go to ship but am not a big fan of the NYC crowds on ships but most importantly plan my cruises around sunshine. (I live in NJ and am not knocking NYC residents but find that there are usually large groups sailing out of NY combined with all the cas guests out of Atlantic City and it makes for a different crowd than Miami) I eat at specialty dining and am a “plain” eater so cant get into a food review. I enjoy my cocktails and am not a gambler. I just cant say enough about the level of service on this ship.

Thanks for sharing; you have definitely got pretty much all of us beat on Escape experience!

It's funny, because I am a very plain eater myself. You wouldn't know it by how much I post about food, but I've always been very picky, and it kind of drives my wife nuts. I've slowly gotten better over the years, largely thanks to traveling. I seem to be more open to trying new things when I'm out experiencing new places and local foods, more so than when we're just eating at home.

Cheers.