Bringing Blow Up Pool on Ship

wentworth

Just because people haven't been stopped from setting up blow up pools, doesn't mean it's "allowed". It just hasn't caused problems with passenger movement, etc. As soon as too many people start bringing blow up pools, or ones that are too large, and passenger movement is restricted, I'm sure we will be hearing things about fire and safety codes etc.

Well it IS allowed on RCCL, Princess and Carnival. Those are the ones I called too.

And hopefully if the rumors are true and RCCL Liberty/Freedom DO have an infant/toddler area installed...then no one will need one there as is the case on Disney. :)

And this is the kid's pool area on Carnival...this is Sensation, but all of them in that class have these. Are you telling me that a 2 foot blow up tub can't fit in THIS space?

sensation-kidpool.jpg

Well it IS allowed on RCCL, Princess and Carnival. Those are the ones I called too.

And hopefully if the rumors are true and RCCL Liberty/Freedom DO have an infant/toddler area installed...then no one will need one there as is the case on Disney. :)

And this is the kid's pool area on Carnival...this is Sensation, but all of them in that class have these. Are you telling me that a 2 foot blow up tub can't fit in THIS space?

Reread my post - I wasn't talking about one pool.......

Comprende?

I don't think there is going to be a mad rush of un-potty trained kids in 100 blow up pools.

It just seems like another thing to complain about for no reason.

Comprende?

Maybe we should make them really cranky and bring one big enough for US to sit in.:D Maybe we could make it a theme cruise and everyone bring their blowup pools!:D

Maybe we should make them really cranky and bring one big enough for US to sit in.:D Maybe we could make it a theme cruise and everyone bring their blowup pools!:D

Just be certain to bring a tux for the blowup pool for formal night!

Gee,

Maybe there will be parents who care about the safety of others, and follow the rules of no unpotty trained children in the pools and the bring blow up pools ....by george maybe there will be a couple of yahoos who bring 42 inch rounds, and they'll tell two friends, and they'll tell two friends, and 'viola" no deck space for safely walking.......

Maybe they'll be tripping ove the topless two year olds!

Gee,

Maybe there will be parents who care about the safety of others, and follow the rules of no unpotty trained children in the pools and the bring blow up pools ....by george maybe there will be a couple of yahoos who bring 42 inch rounds, and they'll tell two friends, and they'll tell two friends, and 'viola" no deck space for safely walking.......

Maybe they'll be tripping ove the topless two year olds!

:rolleyes: Gee, and maybe the chair hogs will not be able to save chairs and

instead plop in the blow up pools or the partiers will mistake the pools

for bidets.

Get real. I have not seen one blow up pool in the way of anyone

safely walking by . Have You?

:rolleyes: Gee, and maybe the chair hogs will not be able to save chairs and

instead plop in the blow up pools or the partiers will mistake the pools

for bidets.

Get real. I have not seen one blow up pool in the way of anyone

safely walking by . Have You?

Yes, on my last cruise......Some yahoo decided to place it right next to the main pool in the walkway. But these people didn't have a brain, they didn't even try to shade their daughter at all. Deck attendants asked them to move it.

But you really aren't getting it are you? As it becomes more popular, deck space will be an issue. Look at the number of people who post here. I think its a great idea as long as people are cognizant of their surroundings.

Why be so insulting?

Yes, on my last cruise......Some yahoo decided to place it right next to the main pool in the walkway. But these people didn't have a brain, they didn't even try to shade their daughter at all. Deck attendants asked them to move it.

But you really aren't getting it are you? As it becomes more popular, deck space will be an issue. Look at the number of people who post here. I think its a great idea as long as people are cognizant of their surroundings.

Why be so insulting?

bm - do you honestly see why everyone is trying to lighten the tone of the thread? The only one I can see who is being insulting is you. I guess you are the only one who can be right and every other parent on this thread is wrong. Yep, that makes alot of sense.

And once again, my kids are already potty trained...so none of this pertains to me. Just like none of it pertains to you. But give the kids a break. IF it becomes a safety hazard I can guarantee that the cruiseline will stop them.

How many CC cruisers are there on ANY cruise, 1% maybe? And how many of those CC cruisers have young un potty trained children. Do you get where I am going with this?

Why be so insulting?

Excuse me, in no way I was insulting!! You are calling people

Yahoos and whining about one pool you saw. We have been discussing

bringing the blow up pools and placing them in a space "out of the way"

so that the little ones can also enjoy their cruise. None of us are suggesting bringing a 42" pool.

I'm getting it. The pool should not take up any more space than

a lounge chair, if that. If and when it does become a problem then

I'm sure Carnival will deal with it.

You sound like you need another cruise:p

Excuse me, in no way I was insulting!! You are calling people

Yahoos and whining about one pool you saw. We have been discussing

bringing the blow up pools and placing them in a space "out of the way"

so that the little ones can also enjoy their cruise. None of us are suggesting bringing a 42" pool.

I'm getting it. The pool should not take up any more space than

a lounge chair, if that. If and when it does become a problem then

I'm sure Carnival will deal with it.

You sound like you need another cruise:p

I'll call someone who brings a 42" round a yahoo. Someone on the board thought it wouldn't be obtrusive! I've seen quite a few onboard, including the one I brought for my daughter!

I was trying to point out that it is becoming a popular solution to the unpotty trained issue. If you read back, a person did think it might be a safety issue, everyone jumped on her in their single issue way, without thinking that hey it could be a possibility as it becomes popular especially if we have non-smoking and topless blow up pools:)

bm - do you honestly see why everyone is trying to lighten the tone of the thread? The only one I can see who is being insulting is you. I guess you are the only one who can be right and every other parent on this thread is wrong. Yep, that makes alot of sense.

And once again, my kids are already potty trained...so none of this pertains to me. Just like none of it pertains to you. But give the kids a break. IF it becomes a safety hazard I can guarantee that the cruiseline will stop them.

How many CC cruisers are there on ANY cruise, 1% maybe? And how many of those CC cruisers have young un potty trained children. Do you get where I am going with this?

Actually, I was trying to lighten my point with the "tripping over the topless blow up pool" and they'll tell two friends - remember the commercials?

Thank you for seeing my point - it can become a safety issue especially as it beomes more popular.

BTW- My daughters godfather is doing a family cruise with 6 little ones under 2 on carnival. They are bringing 3 small blow up pools. This is just one family.

Do you get where I am going with this?

You know this whole mess can be solved by the cruiselines stepping up and making an infant area. :D

So Disney has them (Good old Mickey)

RCCL Freedom/Liberty *MAY* have one (I'll confirm it in 15 days and you know I'll bring back pictures) :)

So who's left that's family friendly? Carnival, Princess and NCL? Come on, let's make an area for the babies! How much would it take to open and operate?

I swear we should start a petition...lol.

You know this whole mess can be solved by the cruiselines stepping up and making an infant area. :D

So Disney has them (Good old Mickey)

RCCL Freedom/Liberty *MAY* have one (I'll confirm it in 15 days and you know I'll bring back pictures) :)

So who's left that's family friendly? Carnival, Princess and NCL? Come on, let's make an area for the babies! How much would it take to open and operate?

I swear we should start a petition...lol.

Actually, that would be a great idea. At least communicate it to marketing, communications, and cust. serv.....

He's not only topless, I'm pretty sure he's bottomless.

The baby is very cute! That pool is not even taking up as much room as a deck chair. It is safe for the child and shows respectful, smart parents. I am sure someone will disagree. But IMHO I think it is a great option. We used something much like this on out balcony and at night in the shower as a tub.

Hi, just got off the Conquest yesterday and we took a little blowup bathtub to use as a pool for my non-potty trained DD. There was PLENTY of room to set it up...we went up to the top deck where there very few people around, right next to a shower and drain. She loved it and I got me some sun. :D

DSC_1261.jpg.15925e8909d9d72c076a6bfb9aab0cf6.jpg

I just wanted to share a photo of my DS on our cruise from October. We were on the Elation back by the kid's pool. We were under the balcony & the pool was between our 2 chairs. It took up no more room than a deck chair. We drained it into the gutter right beside our chairs. BTW, I'm crossing my fingers that he will be potty trained by our next cruise in 8/08.

cruisepool.jpg