Do cruise ships have a brig?

yes there is a brig and a morgue and actually they are right next to each other....you can see it in the behind the fun tour which i did on the dream in may.....pretty creepy area in general

We saw this area on our Behind the Fun Tour, also. They will not open the doors of either one so have no idea what it looks like inside. Actually, I hope never to see the inside of either one of them!

I was once told by a crew member that each ship has a brig but that it is mostly used for those people who are charged with: Chair Hogging (leaving personal items on deck chairs for hours), Nose Snubbing (looking down one's nose at those not dressed for formal night), Buffet Line Eating (those that go through the buffet line picking out food and eating it as they move along), Improper Bathing Suit Wearing (300 lbs squeezed into speedo), Elevator Rule Violations (not waiting for people to exit before entering, farting on elevator and giving another that "you did it look"), Passage Way Violation (passing others in the passage way and not responding to their greetings).

There were several other violations but I can't remember them right now. :D :D

:D:D:D

Too funny. I heard that when they let them out for rec time that they don't have those orange jumpsuits so they make them wear bathrobes.

Interesting topic..hope you don't mind me hopping in..I was aware of brig on a ship..but..did you know there is also a MORGUE onboard a ship!! Don;t even want to go there as to why it is necessary...have fun with this topic.

I think the morgue is probably a very large freezer (from what I've heard)! Gotta keep 'em somewhere right?

I was once told by a crew member that each ship has a brig but that it is mostly used for those people who are charged with: Chair Hogging (leaving personal items on deck chairs for hours), Nose Snubbing (looking down one's nose at those not dressed for formal night), Buffet Line Eating (those that go through the buffet line picking out food and eating it as they move along), Improper Bathing Suit Wearing (300 lbs squeezed into speedo), Elevator Rule Violations (not waiting for people to exit before entering, farting on elevator and giving another that "you did it look"), Passage Way Violation (passing others in the passage way and not responding to their greetings).

There were several other violations but I can't remember them right now. :D :D

Way too funny! If every chair hog was thrown into the brig, maybe once I'd get a deck chair!

GREAT INFORMATION! Thank you so much. I can use this. I had no idea how to confine my suspect on board ship until they got to port. While my book (Death Among the Deckchairs) is fiction, I do need to make it believable. Thanks again.

Talk about bitter IRONY...two passengers come to blows over deck chair hogging resulting in a battle to the death, all the while the deceased had used a paperback to "reserve" one of the chairs. The title of the book...

Death Among the Deckchairs!!:eek:

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to thank you all again on this thread for your information to help me finish my book Death Among The Deckchairs. It is finally out and available at Amazon in paperback and Kindle edition. If your e-reader can work with an EPUB format, here is a coupon code for Smashwords.com that gets you 50% off. Just remember it is fiction and not an expose on crime at sea :)

Happy Cruising!

Archived