Lost Luggage in Brooklyn

DancingMike

When we did a TA in 2015 to Brooklyn, my bag was in our section, DH's was not. We waited for almost all the luggage to come off and then he walked the terminal with one of the workers, and found it with entirely different tags than we'd put on. The car service we'd ordered charged us for extra waiting time.

We did ask Princess to reimburse us for that, so they gave us some OBC on our next cruise.

On that day, the luggage fun didn't stop there. We were driving back from the airport, about halfway home (30 minute drive) when the airline called, the DH's bag was there and we had someone else's. We turned around and traded bags.

I always put an itinerary page inside each of our bags stating our entire stay - airline flights, hotels, cruise line (ship and cabin number), home and any visiting address and phone numbers.

Also keep an eye on your carry-on bag. We once almost had to miss a TA cruise because the driver from our hotel to the ship put our carry-on off at an earlier stop at the cruise terminal. It had our meds and passports. Yes, we now carry our passport on our persons.

Luggage in the airline or cruise terminal is always at a risk of going "missing"; could be either a mistake or a thief.  Since 2003, here's what we always do... my wife stands by the carousel where the pieces first appear and when she spots one of ours, she gives me the high sign to me where I'm standing a bit further down the line.  This way there's two sets of eyes on the luggage.  And when you're waiting for more of your luggage, DON'T place your obtained luggage behind you, always keep them in front of you.  Haven't lost one piece yet!