SO difficult to navigate the new CC

18 hours ago, lighthousemom said:

Under this thread, on the right, there's a place that says NEXT UNREAD TOPIC. Is that what you're looking for? If not, read the document I attached in post 18. 

No, I'm not looking for the "Next" unread topic, but the "Previous" one.  This way I read in the order in which they were posted starting with the oldest first.  "Next Unread Topic" takes you to the newest post which is the opposite of the way I used Cruise Critic previously.

36 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

No, I'm not looking for the "Next" unread topic, but the "Previous" one.  This way I read in the order in which they were posted starting with the oldest first.  "Next Unread Topic" takes you to the newest post which is the opposite of the way I used Cruise Critic previously.

When you're in a forum, on the right under the blue Start new topic you'll see Sort By. Select Custom, and under Sort Direction you can choose Ascending (oldest first) or Descending (newest first). 

Does that help?

17 minutes ago, lighthousemom said:

Does that help?

I appreciate your help, but unfortunately that only changed the order the topics are listed.  So, now posts from 2004 are at the top of my list, but it doesn't change how Cruise Critic operates relative to the topics themselves.

Playing around with the sort options, I was able to use your sort direction option and set the last reply option to my last login.  This puts the list in the correct order.  But, when reading the oldest topic with replies since my last login and I select the button "Next Unread Topic", Cruise Critic returns me to the topic with the most recent reply, rather than the topic with the oldest reply at the top of the resorted list.  So, while the list has been reordered, Cruise Critic will go only to the topic with the most recent reply.

It seems to me they replaced the "Previous" button at the lower left of the screen with the new "Go To Topic Listing" button.  In the old version, if one wanted to return to the topic listings, they had to scroll up to the top of the page.  So, by eliminating the "Previous" button, we now have two ways to return to the topic listings; at the top and bottom the screen.