Question about booking dining, excursions, shows

FSU Girl

I noticed that the excursions for our cruise were available to book. It's only a three night cruise so we just have one port to book. After booking I realized we got the $50 excursion credit. It wasn't deducted when we booked, will it be a cruise credit instead? We didn't get the drinking package so might have a couple of those and will have the tips for the crew on our account. Can it be used towards this? We get off the ship the next day so not much time. 

Is it also unusual that the excursions were available, but dining sayings we can't book until 1/12? We have the specialty dining package, when we book the restaurants will we get charged online and I should call to book instead? 

For the shows since our cruise is only three nights, but it over laps the 7 night cruise I'm guessing there might not be entertainment each night? Has anyone done a cruise like this before where it is at the same time as a 7 night? We are sailing on the Epic May 12 for our honeymoon.  

You can book shows and dining 120 day prior to cruise (130 if you are in a suite). 

The $50 OBC will be provided when you complete the shore excursion. It is ok that you booked online. BUT the terms and conditions of the promotion (“the rules”) say that you must book by calling the promotions line so that you are not charged in advance. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

You can book shows and dining 120 day prior to cruise (130 if you are in a suite). 

The $50 OBC will be provided when you complete the shore excursion. It is ok that you booked online. BUT the terms and conditions of the promotion (“the rules”) say that you must book by calling the promotions line so that you are not charged in advance. 

Should I cancel the excursion and call to rebook it instead?

1 hour ago, FSU Girl said:

Should I cancel the excursion and call to rebook it instead?

Many people do, so that the credit offsets the cost of the excursion. The terms and conditions read

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard. 
For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account.