Here come the Americans!!!

greatam

I must agree with you, many Americans have no idea how to dress properly. It's not the amount of money you spend, it's how you look. We're going to Europe in May and I have no intention of packing jeans (even my "nice" ones) or sweat pants. I am embarassed by the way some of my fellow countrymen present themselves. There's a difference between neat casual and sloppy!

Y'all must have either been to a different part of Europe than I, or perhaps hanging out with 'older' folks. I've been around the world, all over Europe, and everywhere I see Jeans. I agree, there is a time and place for them.....but I would certainly pack them on any trip...along with nice slacks and a suit or sport coat.

This whole thread is silly. Americans are no better dressed and no worse dressed than any other country. Every part of the world has their own trends, customs or traditions of dress. And every country has well dressed people and not so well dressed people. Maybe jeans are more of an "American" trend than other parts of the world, but I can tell you, I have traveled throughout Europe and have seen jeans everywhere.

I find them very comfortable for a day of sightseeing....warm when paired with a sweater and cool when paired with a short sleeve shirt, they pack and travel well and you can wear them more than once...a plus when trying to pack light.

Archived