Drive from Burnie

GUT2407

Seven weeks from today we should be in Burnie 🤞 🤞 🤞 all going to plan.

we have a 🚘 car hired.

the argument however is, head west (Probably Stanley way) or east (probably cheese factory, raspberry farm etc)

any suggestions who should win?

I guess it depends on what your interests are, stanley is very pituresque, but can be very windy, the drive along the foreshore along penguin and wynyard  is also quite pretty.

Lots of foody stops to be enjoyed if you head east, there is the berry patch at Turners Beach, the cherry shed at Latrobe, as well as D"anvers chocolates, not to mention Ghost Rock vineyard at port sorrel. 

Then Further on you have ashgrove cheeses and the raspberry farm at Elizabeth town, Also a little off the beaten track is 40 degrees south salmon farm just outside deloraine at Red Hills and Honey at Chudleigh.

Have fun deciding

19 minutes ago, rabbit1971 said:

I guess it depends on what your interests are, stanley is very pituresque, but can be very windy, the drive along the foreshore along penguin and wynyard  is also quite pretty.

Lots of foody stops to be enjoyed if you head east, there is the berry patch at Turners Beach, the cherry shed at Latrobe, as well as D"anvers chocolates, not to mention Ghost Rock vineyard at port sorrel. 

Then Further on you have ashgrove cheeses and the raspberry farm at Elizabeth town, Also a little off the beaten track is 40 degrees south salmon farm just outside deloraine at Red Hills and Honey at Chudleigh.

Have fun deciding

Yeah hard to decide, and her and I are leaning different ways.

• 2 months later...
On 1/13/2019 at 9:07 AM, GUT2407 said:

Just to fill in, we ended up following the food trail down Bass Hwy but in and out of many small towns. Very enjoyable day.

Yes, I read on your review you were in my region . Hard to watch the waist line with so many yummy options.

Glad you enjoyed your time in my home state.

Cheers maree

6 minutes ago, rabbit1971 said:

Yes, I read on your review you were in my region . Hard to watch the waist line with so many yummy options.

Glad you enjoyed your time in my home state.

Cheers maree

Nearly moved there a few times.

be back in December all going to plan (I don’t think we get to Burnie this time) and trying to work out if we can brink Maxy on a road trip.

There are quite a few pet friendly options in tassie, depending on whether your air b n b, or motor-homing,/camping.

my parents are grey nomads and travel everywhere with their maltese cross, and they find the only drawback is you cannot enter the national parks with a dog, so freycinet would be out, as would the cradle mountain overland track, but still plenty to see in my gorgeous state.

cheers maree

12 minutes ago, rabbit1971 said:

There are quite a few pet friendly options in tassie, depending on whether your air b n b, or motor-homing,/camping.

my parents are grey nomads and travel everywhere with their maltese cross, and they find the only drawback is you cannot enter the national parks with a dog, so freycinet would be out, as would the cradle mountain overland track, but still plenty to see in my gorgeous state.

cheers maree

Mrs G picked up a brochure, In Burnie I think, with a list of dog friendly places.

weve done road trips if Tas before but not a lot of time West or North West, so that’s one we have on the agenda.