Just back from Cuba Book with Fernando!!

Anyislandwilldo

My sister and I booked with Fernando Tours for a tour of Havana Cuba.  OMG!!  Awesome tour.  Fernando sent us a detailed map of the port area on where we had to walk to meet up with our tour guide.  He also included a picture of our tour guide.  Our tour guide was Angel.  We felt so relaxed with him.  He treated us like we were family visiting the island.  He was a photographer as well and offered to use his Nikon camera with our SD card for $20.  It was nice to walk around and have a private photographer.  We started out by driving in a 1952 Bel Air  along the Malecon and then arriving at Fusterlandia.  After touring Fusterlandia we drove over to Revolutionary Square where Angel told us about the history of this area.  He pointed out the Embassies and the Capitol building.  We also stopped at a rum and cigar store where the bottles of rum were only $3!!  On to lunch.  We stopped at a mom and pop type restaurant and had authenticate Cuban food while some of the staff played some music.  After lunch we toured some of the back streets of Old Havana and stopped at Plaza of the Cathedral.  Next we took a tunnel under the bay over to the Fort Morro and the El Christ statue.  We started our tour at 9:30 and they had us back at the pier by about 3:50.  Worth every penny we spent.  I highly recommend booking with Fernando and requesting Angel as your guide.  You will not be disappointed.  It was nice to have the driving and walking broken up because it was awfully hot.  It was 87 with 90% humidity.  Take plenty of water along.  I told Angel to take as many pictures of the old cars because I knew my husband would like to see them.  After we got home and I downloaded the pictures I was so impressed with Angels photo skills.  He not only just took a picture, he captured the moment.  If we go back I will certainly book with Fernando and request Angel again.

DSC_4031.JPG

DSC_3829.JPG

DSC_3915.JPG

DSC_4043.JPG

DSC_3929.JPG

DSC_4049.JPG

DSC_4061.JPG

Thanks for sharing!!!  I like the photo on the roof top.  What a great spot for a photo. Was that in Fusterlandia or somewhere else? 

It's GREAT that you found a good guide.  Angel is from FerTours right? https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147271-d7986028-r571466120-Fertours_2_Havana-Havana_Ciudad_de_la_Habana_Province_Cuba.html?  

How many hours did you tour with him and how much was the cost?  How many hours did you drive around?  You were in a convertible with the top down the whole time and it wasn't too hot?

I think a good tactic to look for good reviews like yours on Cruise Critic and TripAdvisor and then book with the vendor and ask specifically for the guide.  

Laurence

On 10/31/2018 at 10:17 PM, ebslcc said:

Thanks for sharing!!!  I like the photo on the roof top.  What a great spot for a photo. Was that in Fusterlandia or somewhere else?   Yes this photo was in Fusterlandia

It's GREAT that you found a good guide.  Angel is from FerTours right? https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147271-d7986028-r571466120-Fertours_2_Havana-Havana_Ciudad_de_la_Habana_Province_Cuba.html?  Yes Angel is with FerTours

How many hours did you tour with him and how much was the cost?  How many hours did you drive around?  You were in a convertible with the top down the whole time and it wasn't too hot?  We toured with them from 9:30 to 4:00.  The cost is $70 CUC's per person or $70 US.  We split our time between walking and driving.  We were in an enclosed car with air conditioning although the AC is not that strong.  Outside in Cuba was hot!  87 degrees with 90% humidity.  

I think a good tactic to look for good reviews like yours on Cruise Critic and TripAdvisor and then book with the vendor and ask specifically for the guide.  I did post on TripAdvisor as well.  I read a review on TA and that was the reason I booked with Fernando Tours.  I'm paying forward a good review so that others have a great experience like I did.

Laurence