A day in Southampton

2Oldpeopleinlove

On 11/2/2018 at 4:29 PM, ToadOfToadHall said:

The Duke of Wellington (close to the Holiday Inn) is a very good pub. A had a cracking ribeye when I was there a few months ago for work. 

I have to agree with this pub, it was lovely visiting it for the first time back in March - and we plan to eat there when we go back to Southampton in January. 

I also would recommend The Red Lion which is located on the High Street, near the docks. We have had dinner her a few times, and never been disappointed. It is 'pub grub' and the portion of fish and chips is for two people, but would definitely recommend! It is also a great place to just stop for a drink :)

If you want an Xmas market skip Southampton and head to Winchester, it is far superior. Southampton doesn't seem to attract quality stalls and there is some repetition whereas everything in Winch is different.

A second choice would be Salisbury, and that city could do with a tourist boost.