Classic c

tunafish

My thoughts based on recent visit. They are fun to be in but suck for long drives or extended drives. I was very excited to have one as a mode of transportation while in Havana but what you get is a completely gutted car with remade Diesel engine. The aftermarket ac units are cool at best, you often see wooden steering wheel parts of the interior. The cars are driven on crude diesel fuel from black market that sold as leftover from government cars and trucks. Essentially you are ina tractor 🙂 without cat converter. Exhaust is everywhere. It is what it is and it was a lot of fun for a day, but I wanted to warn those who expect car show sample of old Detroit and needs a car for a day

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sailor_Sally said:

If you were expecting anything more you have done no research on Cuba. These are the only cars they have had for years and with their ingenuity they kept them running .I was amazed at how good they looked .

Thanks captain obvious, the point of my post was to tune people expectations and plan accordingly. 

tunafish, your post was very informative and I thank you for it. The more one knows about travel to Cuba, the better.  

I prefer a safer car experience, so I arranged for a modern van with working seat belts for our tour next year.  It costs more, but worth it to me as I will take substance over style every time.

Edited by Bookish Angel