Easy to access RUINS in Cozumel, Belize City or Costa Maya?

eventgallb

Anybody know of easy to access ruins in Cozumel, Belize City or Costa Maya? We are booked on a cruise my step dad and has minor mobily issues. Does anyone know of ruins on our itinerary that are easy to get to? Most of what I read says you have to walk a long way over rough terrain to get to them. I want something you can get off the transport and be right there. Thanks

Not the best set of ruins, but San Gervasio on Cozumel is very accessible.  20 minute taxi ride from pier, or book an island tour with driver for the day through Tours Plaza. 30-40 minutes on site.

In Belize, the Altun Ha ruins are about 50 minutes away.  Better than San Gervasio. Grounds have pathways and short grass fields.  You can climb if you want to. but don't need to do so.   You can view these and the small museum inside an hour, if you don't climb.   Book an excursion via a private vendor, with a return stop at Travellers Heritage Center/One Barrel rum or a nice lunch by the ocean at Belamari's in Buttonwood Bay  near the original colorful Belize sign. Both are near each other and on the way back to the cruise port.

• 2 weeks later...

I second San Gervasio in Cozumel for accessible ruins.  They are not big ruins but our guide (you can get a guide there) was very good and explained the history of the ruins in great detail. Very interesting! 

Edited by sirenitas

• 2 weeks later...