Christmas day information

Hi

we'll be on the Discovery Wonders of Asia 1 in December with Christmas Day at sea. I've never been on a cruise at this time of year before and wondered what the expereince will be like. What do people wear on Christmas Day - is it more dressed up? Are there special activities on that day? How does Christmas dinner work? Is that more formal wear? As you can see I have lots of questions and any information would be most welcome as I start to think about what to pack.

thanks

We were on a Dream cruise Xmas Day and New Year 2016/17. The ships make a great effort to decorate around. The Xmas Day meal was equal to a gala/dress to impress and we were given sitting times (normal meals were eat when you liked)  they put on a typical Xmas meal and we had crackers and decoration on the table, there were balloons around and the staff wore Santa hats. OH did wear his DJ and wasnt out of place. Cant remember day time but it was an at sea day so lots of eating and drinking

🙂

As we dont get chance to dress up much we do like to make a bit of an effort on the special nights so i took 2 long dresses then several evening looking tops for trousers/skirts. Men get off lightly with a smart suit or dj couple smart evening shirts and tie/dickie then shirts and long trousers for evenings.

There are always those however that think shorts and polos are fine whilst their women sit done up with gritted teeth (not Xmas day tho think captains gala)...

Do you mean your cruise terminates on Christmas Day? in which case bit of a b&4mer, do you know if the next cruise starts that day too? in which case the emphasis might be for the evening meal for them.  Maybe you will get a buck fizz at a special breakfast? Usually kicked out cabin at 8.30 am but can use facilities until transport to airport but with a possible changeover anything special at lunchtime might be tricky? Can you check with TUI?

Hi Newbiewaves,

Thanks for replying so quickly 👍

Yes,we actually leave then and it is a bit of a you know what! 😋

We have 2 weeks though,so can't complain 🤗

Didn't really think there would be a special lunch...but you never know! 

We will just wait and see what happens.Will have a belated Christmas dinner at home ...in a day or two 😋

Hi Newbiewaves

thanks for the information - that really helps.

I'm with you on the dressing up - for me it is a nice part of the cruise experience and I look forward to planning which dresses I take with me. DH usually takes his dinner jacket too.

I'm looking forward to having a totally different Christmas Day expereince to the usual one at home - should be fun :classic_biggrin: