Punta Morena Cozumel

natters

Has anyone been to Punta Morena Cozumel, we are going to be in Cozumel on May 8th and have been to Playa Corona but we heard that Punta Morena is very interesting, a place that not many tourist go. There is suppose to be a little cafe there that has fresh, fresh seafood.

Yes i have been to Punta Morena for lunch. It was EXCELLENT...the restaurant is right on the ocean. The seafood is very fresh. When we were leaving we saw some folks bring in the seafood that was just caught. I would recommend this place. The service was friendly. We had the lobster and shrimp and it was excellent!!!!!!

two_fish_kissing_md_blk.gif

Thanks so much for responding, I have heard different opinions about it and I'm glad to have a positive view. We will definately add it to our list along with Playa Corona and Bob Marley's bar. You know, I didnt go to the other side of the island, I heard it was more touristy, I do however want to see it this time, any suggestions on where to go there?

the other side of the island is beautiful!!!! it is really amazing....it is mostly views of the ocean and some restaurants and bars. It is not touristy unlike downtown cozumel. I can not recommend visting the other side enough. Make sure you have alot of film......have fun and enjoy

two_fish_kissing_md_blk.gif

Do you have spots that you would recommend on that side of the Island? I was lead to believe that the side of the island where Bob Marleys and Playa Corona was a lot less crowded and that the other side is where all the hotel and tourist were. Am I wrong?

Please tell Sandra or Javier " Tio Tim " sent you!

from

http://www.cozumeltravel.com/Restaurants/Punta%20Morena/PuntaMorena.htm

Cozumel Beaches with great seafood!

from

http://cozumelmexico.net/Playa_Punta_Morena.html

USS Chilton APA-38 1966-1968

USS Guam LPH-9 1968-1970

Pacific Princess Oct 21 2001 Bermuda

Golden Princess Dec 7 2002 "Eastern Caribbean"

Coral Princess Dec 9 2003 "Panama Canal"

Carnival Miracle 17 Oct 2004

NOT UPDATED again 25 Feb www.geocities.com/fsbsdel

I have to agree that the east side of the island is absolutely beautiful. It is my favorite. The undertow can be very powerful and very decieving. Several years ago I almost lost my husband at Puenta Moreno. We were very fortunate that some islanders were in the water on boggie boards at the same time and that there was a physician's assistant eating lobster at Puenta Moreno.

On the beach in Cozumel in...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;23;6;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Elated to be on the Elation on 11/14

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;14;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

• 9 years later...

Can anyone tell me if Punta Morena is free to use the beach and then you would just pay to eat at the restaurant and use the pool etc? I'm leaving in 2 days :eek: and I really want to try to plan our day on the island. I'm wondering if this is the same as Nachi Cocom where you pay a fee to get access in general. Any info is appreciated!!!

I know it's a stop on the Bar Hop tour. And it's make over is getting good reviews. Food now seems to rival Chen Rio and Playa Bonita, certainly better than Coconuts and Mescalitos. I would assume it is open for use as a pay-as-you-go. But there is a small hotel/inn attache dand those guests might get first dibs on service. But I would caution on swimming anywhere on the east side, even Chen Rio with lifeguards, as the water/currents/undertow can be rough. PM is now on my stopping list for my next trip to Coz.

Why would you bump a thread that's 9+ years old?

Hmm, I didn't notice those dates. :o Good catch. Perhaps because in the meantime PM was damged heavily in one of the 00's storms, for get which (Wilma? Dennis?) and has just recently (in the last year) come back rebuilt and as a viable option. However, this most likely belongs on the Coz board than the Carnival board. There are more recent threads on PM there.

Archived