Lose by 4/1/06

mkdawnt

Tonya

How did you hurt your toe?!! Did you step on it wrong when you were running? Ouch! Your body is really testing your determination to get in shape. You still lost a pound. Just think of a pound of hamburger that's magically melted off of your body. Then it seems much more monumental. I'm not very familiar with the Princess line of ships....so where are you going?

Hi all. Been a busy weekend for our family with relatives in town. Didn't do the greatest eating and drinking but am down 2 anyway. Probably becuase we spent time in a pool at the hotel we had family staying at. Trying to cut out most carbs this week to see if that helps with my weight loss. Plus the 2 miles a day. Crossing my fingers it works. I'm at 164 (5'8") and would love to loss 10 more before 4/1. Might be pushing it.

Good luck this week ladies!

I went to the doctor yesterday, and found that I am shrinking! I am now only 5'8"! I have been 5'10" all of my life...so now that means I have to lose more weight! Yikes! Talk about depressing! Congrats to you on your 2 Sarah! I'll be hoping you hit the 10 pound mark.

Mary, I am not sure how I hurt my toe. It is really bruised. I think a combo of old shoes and pushing myself a little hard.

This week I am steady. Feeling good. I see my goal insight.

I would loved to be down 10 pound before April 1, I may just be able to pull it off!!

Tonya

This will be our 3rd Princess cruise. We are going on a Western Caribbean out of Galveston, Tx. We have not had a bad experience with Princess. I know that you read about issues on all cruise lines...but personally we have had nothing but a wonderful experience.

Now about you shrinking....how old are you?? LOL, I don't think you are old enough to shrink 2 inches!! It is amazing that I have been as short as 5 feet tall and as tall as 5'4", but I know that I am 5feet 2 3/4 inches!! LOL

Have a great week!

Tonya

Welcome to our board chicagochas! For those of you that asked, I am 47....but I have a lower back problem that has compressed my vertebrae....so I may well have shrunk. I'm still getting used to the idea that I'm shorter now. I have been fighting off bronchitis this past week. I went to the doctor on Monday, and she loaded me up with antibiotics and an inhaler...since she said my lungs were really wheezy. I haven't had bronchitis in over 15 years! It has been really hard to keep up with my workouts this week. Yesterday, I did my hour of cardio, but it was at a really SLOW pace...not really very cardio at all. I just don't have the oomph to do much...but I don't want to GAIN weight.....so I'm pushing through it. Tonight is water aerobics. I did things pretty slowly on Tuesday. No one else can tell I'm sick. It really hits at night and in the morning. I just find that I can't breathe deeply...and the littlest things are making me winded. Oh well....I guess that it's better to be fighting off something now, rather than during my upcoming cruise!

Hi Everyone,

Love2relax, you better not push yourself too hard. You could end up with pneumonia (sp?). Hope you are feeling better soon.

Since we're talking height, I'm only 5'1" so there's not much space for the fat to go. If I were 6 ft., my weight would be fine. :)

I lost my Valentine's Day gain (3.5 lb.) this week so that was a plus. Basically it was a 2 week wash. Getting ready to go to Vegas on Wed. so trying to stay really strict over the weekend. Plan to walk a ton in Vegas. We never take cabs. Last time we were there, we walked to this outlet mall that was supposed to be only 2 miles from N.Y., N.Y. Welllll, after about 4 miles of walking, we saw a billboard that said "2 miles" to the outlet mall. The good thing is that I didn't gain at all that trip! Oh, we did take the bus back to the strip. :)

Keep working hard everyone. Hopefully we'll hit our goals soon.

Marianne

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss this week. This has not been a good first week for me. First of all, there must be something going around because my entire family (including me) has been sick this week - horrible sore throats and ridiculous coughing. Makes it really hard to work out (although ice cream feels REALLY good on bad throats - maybe not the best choice!) So, now that I'm feeling better, I'm gonna get back on track. At least I didn't gain anything this week. Keep up the good work everyone.

Jill

Wow Marianne! Las Vegas! That is a major trip from where you live. It is only a 3.5 to 4 hour drive for me, and I only go about three or four times per year. With the flights and everything, it must be really expensive for you! Do you stay at New York, New York? I am partial to the Rio myself. I just love the suites! They are so generous with their comps that we get a free room at the RIo or Harrahs about once per month...but I just can't get away. We also use their fridge to store snacks (healthy of course). They have a second fridge that has UNHEALTHY snacks below the TV, but I never look in there!

I have told everyone for years that I'm not overweight...but underheight! :o I did go to water aerobics tonight. I took it easy, but I feel good that I went and worked out. I stepped on the scale with wet hair, and it looks like I may have lost another 2 pounds. I am glad that being sick has such a nice side effect. My trainer burst my bubble when he told me that it's probably water and muscle I'm losing. Ah well....I'll take it. It does wonders for my psyche!

Jill, I am so sorry for your sore throat. I am very sympathetic to you for that. Ice cream, huh? I'm sure glad I didn't think of that!

Yeah, Love2relax, it's a long haul out to Vegas (5 hrs.) but well worth the trip. We used to slip in a trip (1.5 hrs.) to Gulfport/Biloxi but that's not happening anymore! We go twice a year to Vegas. We get comped at Mirage, N.Y. N.Y., MGM, Bellagio, Venetian and Monte Carlo. When we had Hurricane Wilma, we were in Vegas comped 4 nights at the Mirage. We couldn't get back because they closed Ft. Lauderdale airport so we called N.Y N.Y. and they comped us another 3 nights. This trip we are staying at MGM (comped 3 nights) for a slot tournament then going over to Monte Carlo for a 2 night comp. We use the players card for MGM which is linked to many other hotels. We must get on their list and then they all send us packages of comps but no airfare. We usually have some frequent flyer points so we get free tickets with that. It's about $240 pp to fly. We never really gambled much at the Rio. I have no idea how we got comped at Monte Carlo since we've never stayed there and only gambled there briefly. We aren't heavy rollers at all. We just gamble with what we think the trip would have cost us. Sure is fun when you're winning. :)

Jill, feel better and I'm sure this will be a better week. Now that you have strength, shove that ice cream to the rear of the freezer where you don't see it when you open it....out of sight, out of mind.....maybe. :)

Marianne

Marianne, I never complain when I get comped for some unknown reason. Maybe you're a rated player. I am not a high roller, but Harrahs is very generous with their comps...so I stay at the Rio. I would love to be comped at Bellagio. Wow! I LOVE the conservatory and the fountains!

Sarah, I hope you don't mind that I have the same avatar as you now. I've been wanting to change, but them I saw yours. I was going to wait until after April when we were no longer on this thread...but I grew impatient.

As for this week's weight loss, I was down a few days ago when I sneaked a peek in the evening, but Saturday only showed one pound lost. Oh well....maybe I'll have a bigger loss next week to make up for it. Have a good week everyone!

Happy Monday!

This is my weigh-in day. I am down 1.6 pounds, which I am happy for!! I see my goal in sight. I would love to lose 10 more pounds before our cruise, but I will be happy if I can get down 5.5 more pounds.

How is everyone doing? We have been kind of quiet lately.

I need to get off and get to work.

Tonya

Kind of let loose a little on the weekend and drank wine Sat. but ate very light. Then tried that again yesterday but ate too much for dinner and BLAM...up 2! Today will be much better I am sure. I went to the doctor a month ago and was told to drop some weight because my blood pressure was high. Tomorrow I go back to the doctor and they'll weigh me. Then I'll know exactly how much I've lost in a month. I know it's a "number" but like many others, it's an obsession to know the "number". I guess I'm supposed to be more concerned if the BP went down but if it didn't, it'll be pills like everyone else in my family and my husband. That's life.

Hope all of you continue to have that scale go down and down and down. :)

Marianne

Marrianne, Good for you losing weight for your health. I know it is hard not to worry about the scale numbers...but you have more important numbers to get down!

Keep up the great work!

Let us know how the doctors visit goes.

Tonya

I went to the doctor and I was so bummed out that I only lost 4 lbs. for the month!! I was down 7 lbs. at one point but not at the point that the almightly scale made it's reading!!! My blood pressure went down but was still at 120/90 so the doctor thought it would be best to try a water pill to see if that helps to lower it more. We're going to Vegas tomorrow so I'm going to start the pills after we return on Tuesday. The doctor said that the pills may help me with the weight loss. I'll take it anyway I can!!

I'll post after I come back with TONS of money from Vegas and hopefully I'll lose TONS of weight when I return! Good weight loss to all!

Marianne

Gee Marianne, I was really hoping that you were going to be surprised by your BP. Hopefully the water pill will help you out in both ways. Enjoy your trip, and relax. You must just need to spend more time unwinding on a ship or something...;) Hit the big progressive, ok?

Hey everyone! Back from Vegas and back on track! My WOE is kind of fixed in my head from so many years of watching what I eat but I certainly am NOT hopping on that scale today!!!! (Extra alcohol and buffets....one day at a time and I'm back on track.) We didn't win but had a blast trying. Thought about seeing the Rolling Stones until I saw a ticket was almost $500!! Mick's not that hot! :)

I start the water pills tomorrow and will probably hit the scale Thursday. Hope I lose all the extra Vegas baggage even if it's really just water weight. I'll take it any way I can. Hope the BP comes down too. Hope all of you have a super week and lots of losses.

Marianne

Hi all,

We had a very bad week last week. My husband's mom passed away on Wed. She was to be 80 yesterday. Was very sudden. She had a heart attack and then she was in the hospital for 3 days until it was over. She had a disected aorta. We had the funeral Saturday. With all of the stress the food and the wine went down too well. My husband is the youngest of 8 and there are a ton of us when we all get together and it always revolves around food. Seems to comfort I guess. Each evening we got together after she passed. I was up 5 lbs at the end of the week and then I got the stomach flu. Went to the funeral, barely, and then straight home. Back down to where I was. 163.5 What a roller coaster. We are all still in shock but coping.

We only have 26 days till our cruise and I've only lost about 10 lbs. I really wanted to get to 155 before we leave. Maybe I can get a little closer. Hoping to feel back to normal by Wed so I can start working out.

Good luck to everyone this week with their weight loss!

Marianne, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed Vegas. I hope it wasn't too rainy for you..but then I bet you spent a lot of time indoors. It's pretty chilly this time of year. I'm hoping the water pills will help you out. Just stay near to a bathroom.:D

Sarah, Wow! I can't even imagine how tough this past week has been. You are in my thoughts. The boards were kind of quiet, and now I know why. You still may reach, or at least approach your goal. I'm rooting for you! When I lost my mom suddenly, at first I had no appetite....and then I binged on junk for about three months. I finally had to ask myself if I was trying to kill myself with junk food. We all grieve in our own ways...especially when it is such a sudden shock. You are a strong person if you are already thinking about getting back to work on your goal. How is your husband doing?

Thank you all. My husband is doing ok. You know most guys don't show their feelings. The funeral was hard for us all, especially DH and my 9 year old son. I'm sure we will go through some times when it really gets to him as he did when his Dad passed 5 years ago. We know she is in a better place so that helps us to get through. Thank you all again.

Archived