Lose by 4/1/06

mkdawnt

Sarah, you have my deepest sympathy. We lost my husband's dad in November and it was really rough. I was as close to him as a daughter so I had a hard time dealing. He was in a rehab center & the hospital for 3 months as he went downhill. I had a terrible time trying to lose weight because we were constantly eating out after spending many hours with his dad. I agree with love2relax that it's great that you are already thinking of your goal again. Good luck this week.

Marianne

Hi all! For some reason I could not reply at all. Just had to recreate a profile. Haven't gotten any details in there yet. I really appreciate everyone's sentiments. Things are starting to get back to normal around here. I am back on track. Finally got below my all time low since I had kids! Way excited and keeping me motivated. I'm at 161 now and very motivated to get below 160s. We have 16 days till we leave and I would love to be 155 or lower. I think I can do it! Right now I'm just doing it with food cause I did something to my ankle. Hope it gets better fast cause I have some running to do!

Good luck to everyone this week!

Sarah

Down another lb today. I know I shouldn't get on the scale everyday but I'm eating so good I want to see how it impacts the scale daily! hehe

Idea for motivation... Pull out your swimsuit and try it on. Take a picture in it. Take a picture of your back side in it. I did! Now I'm really serious! I know I'll have picutres I'll regret later it I don't get busy NOW. Try it - it's great motivation.

Did anyone watch Primetime last night. Pick people and took pictures of them in bikinis and said if they don't loose 15 lbs in 2 months they will show their picture on national TV!!! That, my friends, is motivating. There was one gal that didn't make it but they didn't show it anyway. The test was to see what that type of motivation would do to a person. Interesting!

Going to drink some green beer today - just a couple. Don't want to ruin what I've got going!

Happy St. Pat's Day!!!

I thought it got kind of quiet too. It seems that everyone is off doing other things. I didn't get anywhere near my goal...but I did "lose by 4/01/06" as the thread says. I've lost 26 pounds since January 15. I feel that there is still a long way to go...but I appreciated the support and sharing with all of you on this posting. I've checked the other threads...and there are just too many posts for me to want to get involved. I liked ours because it was small. I wish you all the best of luck in continuing to pursue a healthier lifestyle. I am so motivated by my success that I doubt I will go berzerk on this cruise like I have on the others. I've simply worked too hard to take it off this time....and there still is a ways to go....Everyone, please make a post when you finally make your goal...or you need a little encouragement.

Wow Mary, 26 lbs.!! That's so great. I've been slowly shrinking...only about 1 lb. a week for a total of 6 since the end of Jan. I was happy that my blood pressure has been going down too so I am motivated to keep that scale going down. I have 6 weeks until our cruise so I'm hoping for another 6 lbs. I'm with you Mary, don't go bezerk on your cruise. You really did an amazing job losing that weight. When we did our med. cruise for 2 weeks, I had lost weight prior to the cruise and was so nervous I've gain it all back with that amount of time. Well, I did enjoy my trip without deprivation and only gained 2 lbs. DH and I walked as much as possible which really helped.

Sarah, glad things are getting back to normal. Hope your ankle is better. I know what you mean about hopping on the scale all the time. It's so hard not to look for that gratification when you've been really good.

Keep the motivation going and good luck to everyone. Drinks lots of water. :)

Marianne

Marianne!

I am SO glad to hear that your BP is going down! We hadn't heard from you for a couple of weeks...and I was thinking that maybe the news wasn't so good. Congrats on both numbers going down! Maybe you'll get to the point where you can ditch the water pills some day...

Congratulations to you both! Being healthy is really what matters. 26 lbs since Jan is awesome!!!

I have brought my cholesterol down 23 pts in on month! I was at 278 and now at 255. It runs in the family so besides staying active and dropping some weight I have been taking an all natural product that obviously is doing the trick. I've very excited. It's been almost another month since the 255 so I'm sure it's done some more.

I'm still fighting with that 160 number. Every morning before I get on the scale I pray it will be in the 150's. This is a tough battle!

Went through all my clothes last night and made some decisions on what to take. I was in the mall yesterday and walked by a clearance rack and spotted a cute little black halter dress. $21!! and a size 12 which I can actually just pick up and try on. It is so hard being between sizes which I'm sure you've all been there. Anyway, I think I'm ready to go. I can feel the sun rays already...and taste the rum!!!

Good luck through the weekend!

Good job Sarah! I was reading your post and thought your weight was 278 and you dropped to 255. I was thinking, "nice loss". LOL I can so relate to getting under a certain #. I finally got to 149 this morning!!! Alleluia!! It's been over a year since I've been in the 140's. Spent a year teetering in the 150's! Our Baltic cruise is at the beginning of May so I'm hoping for the mid 140's. I bought some beautiful earrings today to go with a black croucheted dress and jacket for the cruise! Love that bling!!!

Thanks Mary for the good thoughts. :) Glad we're all getting healthy!

Marianne

I was bad this weekend and trying to get back in gear. 5 days till we leave. Wish I didn't have to eat at all! I really have no idea how people starve themselves. I could never do it!

I have a red halter dress with plunging neckline that has bling all around the neckline. It's georgeous! It was a great find...$45 but was $180!!! Doesn't leave much room for extra lbs in fact it's so clingy I can't wear underware. haha Can't wear those thongs so I have to go comando. lol But the earrings I got to go with are to die for and it was another great deal at $12! I've been real lucky that way. So if I could starve myself, that is what I would need to do. Damn food! :-)

Lots of lists to make for us and the kids (they are staying with my brother and his family) and lots of packing to do for all. It's rainy here and all I can think about is sun and rum!

Everyone...have a great week!

Hmmmm...good point! I just can't wait to go. I swear I am just giddy with excitement!!!!!

I walked/ran on the treadmill and then did my ab workout last night. Going to try to fit it in today also. Have to see my sister at the hospital...she's having surgery for possible endometriosis then I have to rush back for a friend to bring her kids over for a play date. Our kids are having spring break right now. Then am going to Red Lobster with a friend for her birthday. I told her to only have her biscuits brought out...because I am not eating even one! I can eat well there if those stay away from the table. Going to be a busy one.

Now back to dreaming about that run :-)

Sarah, how did the rolls at Red Lobster go? That's a tough number. When my daughter had a birthday party, we actually brought in those rolls. I don't cruise until 5/3 but am also having those thoughts of VACATION!!! Put me down for cool weather (we have enough heat and sun to last me a lifetime) and I'll take a vodka martini on the rocks please! In the meantime, I guzzled tons of water today. We were in Orlando for a baseball game Monday night so I got a little carried away at the hotel breakfast yesterday. I'm back on track. I had to LOL when I read about your red halter dress and no undies. If I was on your cruise, I'd probably look at all the red dresses and try to figure out who was in the buff. Hopefully you won't fall down. Try not to go to heavy on the rum that night. :) Hey, we do what we have to do to be beautiful. Good find on the clothes. I spent the day adding Sworofski crystals to some tops and hemming pants for the cruise. There's never enough bling for me!! Now my mom wants me to do her jean jacket pockets.

Marianne

Well, Marianne, I didn't go. We postponed until I get back. My friend had a soccer game she forgot about for her son. Good for me cause I wasn't tempted!

2 days to go and I'm hovering at 160!! I wanted to get in the 150's. Wish one extra pound would fall off so I could just say I did it!

Went to my niece's house last night (she's older than me - haha - my husband is the youngest of 8!) and she sells Premier Jewelry. Well, she set me up! I have so much bling now NASA can spot me from space!!! haha I'm just waiting to pack the dress clothes and drop the kids off at my brothers tomorrow night and Sat at 5 am we are on the way!

BTW - I ment RUM in the post above. I would never dream about a run!!!

Have a great day all!

Hi everyone! I'm back! We had an amazing time. Perfect weather and sun. Hate to come back to reality but missed my kids terribly!

Gained about 5 lbs but I'm tan so I don't care right now. I will start back on the diet in a day or two. Just need to unwind now and focus on my kids.

How is everyone doing? Not any posts since I've been gong? What gives?

Is there anyway to put a picture on a post?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi everyone!

I just got back, and I am excited to say that when I got on the scale at the gym tonight, it looks like I LOST weight during my cruise! I won't know for sure until tomorrow morning, but this evening I actually weighed 1 pound less than I did before I sailed...I am in complete shock because I ATE a lot on the cruise...but I loaded up on fruits and vegetables. I do admit to eating quite a bit of bread....my weakness, but I did not hit the desserts like I have done in the past. I took the stairs everywhere (I have the aching knees to prove it) and went to the gym for at least an hour of cardio every day. I also drank LOTS of water. I believe it really made a difference this time. I feel like I have made a true victory over the cruise weight gain game....which is a good thing since I still have three more lined up this year. I want to thank all of you again for your support pre-cruise. Due to rainy weather, I'm still as white as I was when I left. :( Keep all of your good work.

Welcome back Mary & Sarah!! Hi Daniel, Otters and anyone else that posts.

Mary, that's an amazing feat and I only pray I am as lucky. But you have inspired me to drink the water. I hit a long time low this morning 148. I was so thrilled to see the 140's since haven't seen them in a year. So now I'm really motivated and don't want to backslide when we cruise in 3 weeks. We're doing a 14 night Baltic Cruise and we added days prior to and at the end. All that time away from the routine is scary but the key is the water and exercise. I will take your advice and use the stairs even if the knees are creaking or the muscles are freaking out. Fortunately, we only have 4 sea days since those are the killers. Everything seems to be centered around food or is it that those are the activities I seek. :) When we went on a Med. cruise 2 years ago, I only gained 2 lbs. because of all the wallking we did. Some days we walked 10 miles at least but I was having the breadsticks dipped in butter with wine and...... OK, I'm going to drink some water and hope to see 145 by cruise time.

Sarah, enjoy those kids and I'm sure you'll be focused again soon.

Marianne

Great job Mary! We did a ton of walking but I have to say one of the coolest things about a cruise, to me, is trying all of the different foods! I had Indian food, tried escargot (loved it!) different seafood items, etc. The desserts on cruises aren't all that great, in my opinion, so that helped...tried to stick with fruit. We drank and danced an awful lot but I think the drinks are what added that extra 5. I'm not upset about it though. Going to get back in the swing of things on Monday.

Great job Mary!

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. I weighed at the gym on Saturday morning as I do every Saturday, and the official loss is actually 3 pounds! I swear by drinking water! Wow! This is a major event for me. I gain weight every time I eat any sense of normal food portions. I probably won't lose anything for a few weeks now, but the fact that I didn't gain is SO exciting. Drink, drink, drink water. And Sarah, I would have been very happy in the past to only have gained 5 pounds. I have put on sometimes as much as ten pounds during a cruise! Yikes!:eek:

Having a bad day and want to just sit and eat!!!

Started bad last night. Our water just stopped! Yes you heard me right. We have a well so we called a well company and they guy is here now trying to fix it. 2 months ago we spent $1200 getting a new holding tank. That is where the water comes in from the well for our use. Anyway, I hope it's not the well pump because that is hundreds of dollars! Just what I need after spending $$$ on my cruise. I also have a cat that is in heat that I'm dealing with and supposed to get to the vet by noon today to be spayed. I can't leave till the well guy is gone. AUGH! Had to vent. I'm done now.

Good thing is I'm busy and haven't had time to eat. :-) Back to work I go!

Down 1.5 today.

I am also back from our cruise! Loved it! I only gained a pound!! So, I feel great! We also took the stairs everytime and walked miles a day!

Yes, we are all TAN, which makes me feel great!

If anyone has any pics, please post them! Have a great week!

Tonya

Welcome back Tonya - congrats on the only 1 lb!!!

Well, the well is going to be expensive. Haven't gotten the bill yet but was told it was probably going to be around $1600! Ouch. Go the cat to the vet and back and she is doing good and much nicer to be around! We started digging up the yard yesterday so we could pour a cement patio today/tomorrow and we had horrible storms that came though last night. I'm in Cedar Rapids Iowa which is about 20 mins from Iowa City. The weather channel has been showing that damage. Tornados, high winds, hail, etc. We, thank God, did not have any damage. But our patio is not going to happen now this weekend because the equipment we were using had to go back to the owner to clean up several building he had down from a tornado. Augh!

The amazing thing is that I've lost 1 lb since the cruise despite all the chaos!!! So I"m only up 4 now. Having Easter dinner with my family and trying to sway my mom in the light direction for food. So far so good.

Bonus of the cruise is the tan so right now with our weather in the 80's the shorts and the tanks look great compared to all my white friends. hehe :-)

Have a great Easter and a great weekend!

Hellooooo....is anyone out there? Where is everyone? I miss talking to you all.

I've been in a mental slump and I just got back from hearing a motivational speaker and I'm, well, motivated again! I need to bring the positive back into my life. I need to find additional clients so I can continue to work from home, and need to be more active with my kids, and I need to tone up and loss a few more pounds. The last 2 I can work in together so since it's been so nice I'm going to start walking and riding bikes with the kids.

Man I wish I could have that speaker at my beck-n-call when I need him. He was wonderful and really changed my perspective on all the wonderful things I have in life. I had been getting so down lately with all that has happened in our crazy life that it was eating away at me. What a helpful evening.

Tomorrow I am going to start writing all of my points down. Something I have a VERY hard time doing. It's almost like I need to have to show them to someone on a daily basis. Like homework. Then I'll start weighing on Thursday also. I am in my LT zone so I can go for free so there is no reason I shouldn't attend. Motivation is the key!

I need you all so I hope you start posting!

Have a great night!

Archived