Lose by 4/1/06

mkdawnt

Ok Sarah, I have a silly little tale to tell you. I have been feeling pretty good about myslef lately. I am not at my goal weight, but I am looking much better. I had been to the gym, showered, and then headed over to WalMart to get a new bra of all things. I tried on about a bazillion of them until I found that I needed one several sizes smaller than what I had been wearing. I walked toward the front door feeling VERY svelte (with my smaller size which I won't discuss here, and also due to the fact all of the gals had been complementing me in the pool). A man approached me, smiled, and said hello. Now I REALLY felt great. "Wow!" I thought. "Now the guys are starting to flirt with me again." I smiled at him as I left the store. I was just about to my car when he came up beside me. I got a little nervous that he was going to rob me or something, but he came up and told me, "You look like you have a really big healthy baby. Good for you! Congratulations!" What could I say? I thanked him and walked away. Then I called one of my friends and we laughed hysterically about the whole thing. You have to understand that I carry my weight in my rear, and I have about the flattest stomach around..,not to mention that it even LOOKS smaller because of my problem BIG HIPS...The only thing that I can think is that I had not tucked my shirt in after my shower, so it was kind of maternity looking...mainly due to my hip size. I have never been accused of being pregnant, and we thought it was funny that he would say that. He seemed so sincere....ahh well....I guess I got put in my place. LOL

Stay motivated. I jogged on the treadmill on Monday and Wednesday for about ten minutes each time when I couldn't get an elliptical right away. I am AMAZED at how much easier it is now. It makes me very motivated to see the progress that I've made. I can hardly wait to add some classes when I have time. I went back to the gym on Monday night and did an hour of Step Aerobics. It was FUN! But, oo, ouch, It sure is hard on the arthritic knees the next morning!

Stay motivated!

Hi Everyone,

Mary, I'm still laughing. That's like something that would happen to me! Usually when I think I look really hot and see guys checking me out, it's because I have my dress tucked into my pantyhose or toilet paper hanging out of my pants! Of course I strut my stuff and don't know what they are looking at untill I get home.

Sarah, hang in there. Sounds like you're doing great since you've already lost a pound. Keep up the good work.

Tonya, only up 1 lb. after a great cruise. Wonderful! Hope I'm as lucky. We leave in less than 2 weeks for a 2 week Baltic cruise. I'm so excited!

Marianne

Hey girls!

I have not checked my email in over a week! Ouch! You girls have me laughing so hard!!

I used to weight about 250 pounds...bad marriage...etc.

now that I am about 120...still feeling fat...and I get depressed like anyone does....feeling guilty about the chips, fries, and not exercies for the week!

Just know one thing...we are ALL beautiful!!! Do not look at those pics of models...we are REAL gals...living REAL lives.

My NEW hubby, of 4 years, loves the REAL me!

So, go...do what YOU do BEST...live life...be HEALTHY!!!

That is what is important..be healthy!

Love ya all!!

Go Girl!!!

Tonya

Hola! Sounds like you are doing well.

Mary, LMAO while reading your story. Too funny. Good thing you have a sense of humor!

Are you getting excited Marianne? I still can't figure out how to post pictures. Was going to add one from our cruise. Maybe it's one of my PC's settings. Who knows?

Down another pound and I haven't been doing anything. I shouldn't say that. I've been doing a lot of yard work. We have a little over an acre and it takes a lot to get it looking nice in the spring. Haven't been eating the best but guess I'm using the calories anyway.

I'm having the stress of building up my business or getting a part-time job until I do get more clientele. If you have time I would love for you all to check out my website and think about the possibility that you may know someone that could use my services. I'm a Virtual Assistant. I work with people all over the country. http://www.eofficeendeavors.com Thanks!!!

Have a great day and weekend everyone!

Hey everyone, haven't checked this site in awhile. Tonya, I feel inspired that you were once so big and now you got it together. I really need 20 lbs. off and just can't get my act together. I've realistically lost 5 since Jan. and just get so tired of it all. Went for a physical yesterday and all the numbers were up so now I have to take lipitor for the cholesterol to go with the diaretic to help with the blood pressure. DH pressures me because he says it's all my weight and I'm sure that attributes to it but I also have heredity. DH takes bp meds for many years. When he first found out, he lost 25 lbs., bp went down and then after a month or two, it went back up. He never gained the weight back. He's very thin and exercises constantly. I guess I just would like to go to the doctor and have him say, "You look great fat and you're really healthy so go home and drink wine and then eat a ton of deserts or a box of chocolates. Can you tell I'm depressed as I drink my flavored water.

PITY PARTY!!!

The brighter side is that I am going to England on Wed. and then our 2 week Baltic cruise. I will make good choices, walk all I can and come back the same and start again. I did go on the Total Gym today and followed my WOE so I guess I will survive and be happy again when I see the XW#@$%&^* scale go down under 150 tomorrow or Friday. Thanks for reading. I needed to vent. :)

Marianne

Archived