Independence of the Seas Questions

On 1/19/2019 at 5:14 AM, BillieJeanKaraokeKing said:

We found no noticeable difference between our balcony cabins from 2017 to 2018.

You can take up to 12 X 500ml non-alcoholic drinks on board on day one. I took half a dozen cans of pop without issue.

Is that per person or per state room?

In regards to activities I heard of on the Indy; could anyone give me a game plan of getting seats to the Grease show,ice skating/ ice show and laser tag ? We would like to enjoy these activities as it’s our first family cruise. We have a 3yr old and 7yr old so I know we also need to go to the kids club sign up.  Thank you all 

2 hours ago, MommyJJ said:

In regards to activities I heard of on the Indy; could anyone give me a game plan of getting seats to the Grease show,ice skating/ ice show and laser tag ? We would like to enjoy these activities as it’s our first family cruise. We have a 3yr old and 7yr old so I know we also need to go to the kids club sign up.  Thank you all 

We were on a 5 night to Jamaica & Haiti on Indy in Feb 2017. Ice Rink is very small and we had trouble finding seats showing up about 5 min before it started. But the show was very fun to watch! Lots of kids were at this one. The Grease show we showed up about 20 min early. That was just barely enough time to find a group of 4 seats for us (there are a few places where pillars give an obstructed view). I'd guess an aisle seat would benefit you with kids in case something happens during the show. I kind of remember an announcement about kids for the Grease show... it's in no way graphic or inappropriate, but it's not geared towards kids. Grease was also very good, it's also a shortened version (maybe 90 min). Indy wasn't revamped yet when we went, so we didn't have laser tag. I don't know when doors open but I'd say arrive at least 20-30 min before showtime to snag good seats. 

Thank you I must have been sleepy when I wrote this our children are 3 and 9! But I was asking more from the time we get on the ship should I head to get tickets for Grease, sign up for laser tag? Hope that makes sense.

On 2/8/2019 at 5:09 PM, MommyJJ said:

Thank you I must have been sleepy when I wrote this our children are 3 and 9! But I was asking more from the time we get on the ship should I head to get tickets for Grease, sign up for laser tag? Hope that makes sense.

A year ago, we had physical tickets for the ice show which we picked up at guest services, I think the day before the show. It only guaranteed admission, not a specific seat. But there were no real tickets for Grease...just show up and find a seat. I think a good rule of thumb is to do all the reserving on day 1, even if it's not totally necessary.  If you have the ability to reserve show times in advance, I would as soon as possible for peace of mind. That way it's out of your mind and you don't have worry about stuff getting booked. Most people explore/wander on Day 1 anyway so it'd a good opportunity to get a feel for your surroundings. We are leaving next week on the Anthem and we are able to reserve show "tickets" for free using  the cruise planner. I believe if you don't have a reservation, they only let you in maybe 10-15 min before the start of the show to allow those with reservations to get in first and find seats. I have not experienced it before though.