Independence of the Seas Questions

DW and I have cruised twice, both times on Anthem in the past 18 months.  We're sailing on Independence of the Seas in February 2019 and I have a few questions:

• Our set-sail time on both of the Anthem cruises was 3:00 pm, and the cabins were ready by 1:00.  Our cruise on Independence has a set-sail time of 4:30 pm.  Does this mean the cabins won't be ready until 2:30, or will they be ready earlier?
  • Will the Royal IQ app work on Independence?
  • Is there a charge for the Escape room?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can provide any answers.

7 hours ago, jasper15 said:

No wrist bands on Indy, well there certainly weren't when we were on here and I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed from what I have read.

I'd be really surprised if the retrofitted a ship for wrist bands. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just gof off Indy in December. There is a charge for the escape room and my kids tried to go but it was booked within hours So make sure that's the first thing you do! No wristbands and DONT depend on the Royal app. It stated that Quest was at 11 or something but the true time was 10. We missed out on great seats.

On 12/16/2018 at 10:36 PM, Host Clarea said:

I'd be really surprised if the retrofitted a ship for wrist bands. 

Wouldn't they have to retrofit all of the cabin locks to detect RFID chips? I agree, I'd be very surprised.

39 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Wouldn't they have to retrofit all of the cabin locks to detect RFID chips? I agree, I'd be very surprised.

Yes, all the stateroom locks would have to be replaced.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 8:06 AM, boontj2003 said:

Just gof off Indy in December. There is a charge for the escape room and my kids tried to go but it was booked within hours So make sure that's the first thing you do! No wristbands and DONT depend on the Royal app. It stated that Quest was at 11 or something but the true time was 10. We missed out on great seats.

Curious if you can set up an appointment for that for a future time/date. Never cruised before but I’m thinking this would be the way it works. Thoughts?

• Like 1

Looking to learn who was the Activity Manager on Indy from one of the cruisers who recently sailed on her.  I keep a list of the Activity Managers on Cruise Critic and the best information comes from cruisers.  Many times during the sailing the Activity Manager is the co-host of the Morning Show along with the CD and they are the host of many of the activities on board.  Thanks in advance.

Question for anyone who may know........why is the "Genie" not included with the Royal suite on the Independence? It seems that we may have been talked into the Suite without receiving all the benefits of the same suites on different ships, (ie: Wi-Fi, the Genie). Anyone have an answer or better yet remedy?!

2 minutes ago, Neatalia said:

Question for anyone who may know........why is the "Genie" not included with the Royal suite on the Independence? It seems that we may have been talked into the Suite without receiving all the benefits of the same suites on different ships, (ie: Wi-Fi, the Genie). Anyone have an answer or better yet remedy?!

Only Oasis and Quantum classes have the newest suite perks.

Royal has not publicly revealed their reasoning for limiting the best suite perks to the newest ships.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Neatalia said:

You also didn't PAY for the same suite amenities that would be available on other ships.

Price out the "same suite" on an Oasis or Quantum class ship, and you'll see the difference.  

Actually, we picked the suite FOR the extras that were included, so we did pay for them! Why would I want to downgrade? I checked some other ships and the Symphony has almost the same itinerary but definitely cost more, I can see that those perks are much more expensive. Thanks for the help, I'm sure it's going to be a fun time all around no matter the perks!

On 1/23/2019 at 6:34 AM, Neatalia said:

Actually, we picked the suite FOR the extras that were included, so we did pay for them! Why would I want to downgrade? I checked some other ships and the Symphony has almost the same itinerary but definitely cost more, I can see that those perks are much more expensive. Thanks for the help, I'm sure it's going to be a fun time all around no matter the perks!

Any cruise is a great time -- I'm sure you'll enjoy it!