Getting to Waikiki Trolley Blue Line from Port

happyholidaycampers

Hi again, another question re Waikiki, this time about how to access to Blue Line Trolley bus from the cruise port.

We are arriving with the Sea Princess on April 22,Monday, at 6am. Will need to clear customs/immigration and then hope to join the first tour leaving around 8.30 from Ilikai Hotel???? or T Galleria by DFS leaving 0842 or 1100. 

I think we dock at Pier 2 so do I need to get to Ala Moana, catch the Pink Line to intersect with the Blue Line.

So many people seem to use the trolley and rate it highly but i cant seem to work out how to access it!!!! What am i missing

Hoping theres a special addition for cruise ships!!!!!

Thanks

• 5 months later...

It all works!!!! The Trolley people provide a shuttle from the port direct to DFS Galleria Shopping Centre where you can connect with any of the lines. They are easy to spot at the terminal and you can buy your tickets there. Its very popular and can be very busy. Not sure if its free as we had already got a all day pass and had a wristband!

From memory Hilo Hatties had a free shuttle to their store.

When you get to DFS Galleria you get a number for your first line of choice (do this straight away!!!!!). If you do more than one line you need to plan timing. Strongly recommend the Blue line which goes out of town to Haumana Bay and rugged coast(sit on top deck on RHS for best photos). Blue line take approx 2 hours and has limited times so factor this in first, the others are shorter and far more frequent.

We also did the Green and Red lines and I thought it was too much, covering the same roads etc.  2 lines would have been better and allow for more exploring on foot. The red line also stopped at the port up to 4.30 pm approx. Not sure re the pickup situation tho.

Driver gives very interesting commentary, most people tend to stay on  for the whole circuit.

Clearing immigration took almost 2 hours so factor that in!!!!!!

DFS Galleria is close to the Royal Hawaiian, Waikiki Beach and great mai tais at sunset. ENJOY