Final payment made then a new charge?

First off, I know I need to call Royal and I will but I can not call from my current location so it will have to wait until later tonight or tomorrow (it is late afternoon here).

We are cruising April 9th, with a final payment date of January 9th. On Sat. the 29th I made the final payment online. I took a screen shot of the screen showing I didn't have a balance any longer and then received an updated invoice 5 mins. later also showing a zero balance. Today, I received an email reminding me of final payment and an invoice showing a balance of $114.  I checked the other reservation for the same sailing and it is still showing that it is paid. Has anyone else ever run across this? I am hoping it is just some RCI IT weirdness. 

Did you call automated number after paying to have new paid off invoice emailed to you? Think cost of soda package has gone up this week....or just a typical Roll online error. No one on here will know, you'll have too call to find out...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 3monkeys4me said:

First off, I know I need to call Royal and I will but I can not call from my current location so it will have to wait until later tonight or tomorrow (it is late afternoon here).

We are cruising April 9th, with a final payment date of January 9th. On Sat. the 29th I made the final payment online. I took a screen shot of the screen showing I didn't have a balance any longer and then received an updated invoice 5 mins. later also showing a zero balance. Today, I received an email reminding me of final payment and an invoice showing a balance of $114.  I checked the other reservation for the same sailing and it is still showing that it is paid. Has anyone else ever run across this? I am hoping it is just some RCI IT weirdness. 

Others have reported similar incidents.  As you say, you will have to call Royal.

• Like 1

Thanks. I figured I would have to call. Unfortunately today is not the best day for that. I waited on hold for about 20 mins. earlier and didn't get ahold of an actual person, just sat on hold. My husband is going to try to call in a bit, but he is at work so may not get a chance. 

At least we didn't wait until the very last minute!

Well, my husband was able to get through fairly quickly and did get it resolved but now I am even more confused by the mix up.  They sent a new email confirming a zero balance, but instead of changing the amount paid to reflect the amount I actually paid the reduced the amount we owed by the $114. It seems a little off to me, but for now I am just going to keep all my records on my side and check it again in a day or so.