New Orleans Debarkation Question (Non-US Citizen)

Amyracecar

Hi all, 

Just wondered if anybody can share experiences for early debarkation if you're a non-US citizen. I don't know if things have changed since I last sailed with them, but we didn't used to be able to do the express/self assist option to get off early, and sometimes have to different immigration lines/areas. 

We should be arriving into New Orleans on Carnival Glory at 8am (obviously not counting for any delays) and i've seen a flight at 11.26am. I know they advise not to book flights before 11.30 but this is pretty close. If any non-US citizens can share experiences that would be appreciated before we make any decisions. Other flights are either really expensive or don't have great connection times. I'm thinking I should be cautious and go with something else, but would appreciate help before making a final decision. 

I’ve never seen a separate line or anything for non-citizens. Last cruise they started debarking self assist at 7:45 (lower decks). And last cruise three weeks ago in New Orleans was my quickest through customs...7 minutes between getting my luggage and being through customs.

That's interesting to know, perhaps the information I have is out of date. (well, some of it is general 'you may have to do this' type info on the FAQ, so may refer to other ports.) When we docked in Puerto Rico we weren't allowed to do the express checkout, but it was all one line when we got downstairs to the customs area. 

The airport transfer through Carnival says it's ok for flights after 11.30, and i'd imagine they'd allow more than a 4 minute window for error/delays. Might take a risk and go for it. 

We were on NCL during Thanksgiving and there wasn't any separation of US/Non-US; we entered the terminal, directed to the Immigration line when documents were checked and finger prints taken. My wife has a green card and I'm US. The officer told me that anyone Non US gets finger printed. Time was minimal compare and easy. Personally I would take a later flight because you have to transfer to the airport and deal with TSA.