A good deal?

quietlycruising

Hello, 

I'm new to this solo cruising and I've got a quote for a 9 night cruise with NCL - Copenhagen, Taillin, St Petersburg, Helsinki - leaving in October 2019.

Solo cabin in Studio bit, Premium drinks inc, return flights from London to Copenhagen, one-night hotel stay in Copenhagen the night before, and transfers to port from hotel, airport from hotel etc is £2478.90 - let's call it £2500.

I need your wisdom - is it a good deal? bad deal? did they see me coming? or is it the right price. This is booking direct with NCL.

thanks Hannah

Here's the problem.....pricing differs between UK and North America, and a lot of the regulars here are from North America.  We can't really tell you whether that is a good deal or not. 

Do you really need the premium drinks package and all the other stuff? 

If you want a cheaper cruise, then look at the inside cabin (which is slightly cheaper and larger - you can still attend the solo events), and price out the other stuff separately. 

The bottom line is - if you are comfortable with the price for what you are getting, then it is a good price.  Book it and don't look back.

Thanks, you put that perfectly. I just wanted another opinion. The inside cabin is more expensive on this occasion, and I'm worried if I book flights separately I wouldn't be ATOL/ABTA protected. I wouldn't have worried but the Drones at Gatwick really worried me. The hotel the night before is a treat and a good opportunity to sight see in Copenhagen. Oh and the drinks...well 

It's my 40th birthday and this is my present for my 40th year. eek...Life is for living

2 hours ago, quietlycruising said:

Thanks, you put that perfectly. I just wanted another opinion. The inside cabin is more expensive on this occasion, and I'm worried if I book flights separately I wouldn't be ATOL/ABTA protected. I wouldn't have worried but the Drones at Gatwick really worried me. The hotel the night before is a treat and a good opportunity to sight see in Copenhagen. Oh and the drinks...well 

It's my 40th birthday and this is my present for my 40th year. eek...Life is for living

Happy Birthday!  Make sure they know if your birthday is during the cruise.  Maybe you will get a little something. 

Yeh, those drones made a real mess of things.  Regardless of who books your travel, it would behoove you to book travel insurance.  You could always get a high street travel agent who is ATOL protected to book your flights (and they would do the leg work for rebooking you), but cruises can sometimes get better flight bookings, as they book en masse.

Thanks very much for your reply. Well....I'm glad to say I am booked!!! Very exciting. I reduced the amount by not having the overnight in Copenhagen the night before, which reduced the price and now it's a little more palatable. I will definitely get insurance and I have a ATOL certificate from NCL now! woo hoo! All very exciting. I can't wait!