Is FTTF worth it?

littlemonkeymom

On 1/14/2019 at 4:28 PM, GoBucksGoPhilly said:

I'm going to call back and verify this, but I just added FTTF to my booking and was told since one of my cabins is all minors I only had to add the FTTF to the cabin I was staying in and the kids could still board with me.

I was told by my TA also that we did not need it for the kids cabin. Actually this is not correct. It specifically mentions the minors in another cabin and they have to have their own on the Carnival website.  TAs sometimes do not know everything.  I actually found out on this website.  I will say they were not strict about checking the kids cards because they were with us but all it takes is an overzealous employee to make everyone wait even though you have 1 cabin with it.

50 minutes ago, lesleyswimcoach said:

I was told by my TA also that we did not need it for the kids cabin. Actually this is not correct. It specifically mentions the minors in another cabin and they have to have their own on the Carnival website.  TAs sometimes do not know everything.  I actually found out on this website.  I will say they were not strict about checking the kids cards because they were with us but all it takes is an overzealous employee to make everyone wait even though you have 1 cabin with it.

I called back and talked to 2 other people and they both told me the same, that the kids cabin did not need to add the FTTF since it was all minors in the cabin. I am going to roll with it and see what happens

On 1/11/2019 at 11:19 AM, Jerseygirl1416 said:

On the Breeze they had people with flights departing before 12pm go off the ship with the FTTF self disembark people. We had FTTF and really the only thing we couldn’t do without was the priority disembarkation. I’m thinking on my next cruise I’ll book flights as close to before 12pm if possible and save the $90 on FTTF.

That's a good idea. I disembarked Valor yesterday and there were so many people doing self disembark, many with more luggage than they could comfortably handle as usual, that it took longer for them to start calling the zones.