My Time Dining

Hi, I hope this doesn’t come off as too convoluted but here goes. My husband and I are booked on the Independence in November. The couple we are going with also booked the same cruise on the same day. We booked directly and they used their travel agent. We both chose MTD.

After a few days I hadn’t received an email confirmation so I called Royal. After agreeing to email the confirmation, I mentioned to the person I was on the phone with that we we would be going to dinner with the other couple, both with MTD, and wanted to make sure we could just show up and be seated with them. She said no, they could sit us at different tables even though we showed up together , wanting to sit together. She asked for the other couple’s names and then asked if we wanted a table for four. We have never done MTD but does this make any sense?

The other problem now is that the email arrived and says we are waitlisted for MTD. Ten months ahead? 

Thanks for listening.

Unfortunately, this bad info does sound normal for info received from one of Royal's phone reps. 

If all 4 of you showed up for MTD at the same time and asked to be seated together, they would accommodate you.  However, if you had two separate reservations for MTD that night, those may not have any effect.  You may have to wait as if you had no reservations, which many times is just a few minutes.

I don't understand (unless Royal messed up and/or misunderstood you) how you could have been in MTD, and after a call to them you are now waitlisted for MTD.

41 minutes ago, RedSails1968 said:

Hi, I hope this doesn’t come off as too convoluted but here goes. My husband and I are booked on the Independence in November. The couple we are going with also booked the same cruise on the same day. We booked directly and they used their travel agent. We both chose MTD.

After a few days I hadn’t received an email confirmation so I called Royal. After agreeing to email the confirmation, I mentioned to the person I was on the phone with that we we would be going to dinner with the other couple, both with MTD, and wanted to make sure we could just show up and be seated with them. She said no, they could sit us at different tables even though we showed up together , wanting to sit together. She asked for the other couple’s names and then asked if we wanted a table for four. We have never done MTD but does this make any sense?

The other problem now is that the email arrived and says we are waitlisted for MTD. Ten months ahead? 

Thanks for listening.

We had a group of 16 on our last cruise.  While I agree with Clarea, you can also have your dinner reservations linked together.  That should eliminate any issue (assuming they do it correctly :-)) . Ours were linked in the system but didn't make it to the ship.  Dining Staff was very flexible and worked everything out.

3 minutes ago, RedSails1968 said:

Thanks to both of you for your replies. It didn’t sound right to me at all. We are not planning to make reservations but I have decided to try to transfer our reservation to the travel agent and maybe she confirm us for My Time.

You only have 60 days from initial booking to transfer to a travel agent.

9 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You only have 60 days from initial booking to transfer to a travel agent.

Thanks, we booked last week so will get that done. I was under the impression that MTD was easy to get, not unavailable 10 months in advance!

3 hours ago, RedSails1968 said:

Thanks, we booked last week so will get that done. I was under the impression that MTD was easy to get, not unavailable 10 months in advance!

Varies sailing to sailing based on the demographic.  Sometimes it's early dinner that gets filled, sometimes late dinner too.